cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am sap abap consultant, working in manufacturing company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

9 months ago i was hired by a manufacturing company they were migrating from oracle to sap. My designation was Trainee IT.

After my hiring sap implementation started.

I created some reports and  bdcs during implementation. They provided me basis's end user training some SD knowledge because i was the only

person who knows SAP. Implementation did last for 6 months in between i did abap( some reports and bdcs). After implementation i did nothing in abap

but worked on basis (role, authorization everything in su01) and little SD,s conditions. After 8 months i left because there was nothing left in abap

for me because they gave full sap support to other company. I left with designation of Trainee IT.

Now for last 1 month i have been working in other manufacturing comp and my designation is ABAP Consultant. This comp have not given

SAP support to other comp because they have team of 6 SAP technofunctional consultant including me.

Now i want to go in software (SAP consulting) company and i will go for abap certification after one year without leaving my

current company before getting certified. If everything goes right thn after getting certified my total exp will be about more thn 2 years.

My question is..

1) . Would my Trainee IT exp be count as SAP experience if i write in my CV.

2) . Can i show it as SAP Implementation exp ?

3) . After getting certified with  and having more thn 2 yers of exp (If trainee IT exp counts). will i get calls from

software (SAP consultinng) companies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

1. Your Trainee IT experience will be counted in your SAP experience.

2. You can show your basis experience along with the ABAP( reports and  bdcs ) and emphasize more on ABAP if want to grow your careeer in it.

3. When you have your ABAP certification and your total experience is 2 years(including your trainee experience) then you will get calls from various Consultancy firms like TCS,Infy,HCL,IBM,Accenture.Even if the Job description says min of 2 years exp required,they can consider candidates with more than 1.5 years of experience also,provided  that the company has urgent requirement and skillset matching company's requirements.

Best Of Luck.

Reward Points if found useful.

Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Could you please tell me how much package can i expect with having

more thn 2 yers of exp and certified. ??

currenly getting 1.8 lac/annum with 9 months of exp.

Thanks and regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Once you have 2 years of experience and ABAP certification under your belt,you can get any where between 4 to 7 lakh/annum depending on the company.

Reward Points if found useful.

Regards,

Ankush