cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass RFC table as input parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I m new to SUP technology. I want to pass a table as input to an RFC having an array of objects as its datatype.

Can anyone help me with how do i proceed to it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a personalization key of the type same as the input table type.

When you create a personalization key and the time when you set the datatype set it to the input table type for eg if the BAPI takes Z_CUST table as input you will find two datatypes Z_CUST and Z_CUST[].

Select Z_CUST[]

From the application create an object of the same data table type.

Assign values to the fields which you want to send and then assign the object to the personalization key and then save it.

Go for synchronization.

Method 2:

Create a custom operation on the BAPI and then while creating the operation it will ask for an MBO you need to bind to.Select the table.

Then in the same way you can create an object of the table class and assign values to the attributes of the table and then call the MBO's create operation with the table as input parameter

The only problem with method 2 is that the BAPI will be called twice instead of once.

(No idea why.. If you have knowledge of debugging with BAPI you can check it)

Method 1 is advisable

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanx for ur reply.

But now also i have some doubts as i never used personlization key before.

As its an workflow app, so i m using online cache policy.And I created personalization keys for those input tables while creating MBO's. But then, in the mobile workflow form editor how do i map the all table fields(columns) to that personalization key.

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have do it using javascript.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do i have to use var mvc= workflowMessageToSend.getValues(); function and keep on adding the table fields to it den add dat mvc to dat personalisation key.

u have any screens or coding dat would help...??

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can fetch the values from the variables and then assign those to an array probably of the type of RFC object and then assign that to the personalization key.

This is how we do it in native applications.

Concept still remains the same only the programming language and the syntax changes.

Hope this will help you to start.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rakshit/Sneha,

I am new to SUP Technology. What is business scenario refering for passing RFC table array in SUP.

Regards

GI.