Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch & Truck information when Goods Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

I got a requirement about goods issue here:

when WM finished goods loading, each material (with batch number) is right on the truck.

How can I  match each batch number with the certain truck in SAP?

I need to output a customer receipt with batch number and corresponding truck license number. In our system shipment is not used.

Please tell me how to solve this. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one suggestion for you. Use field Means of Transport ID in delivery header >Shipment tab. You can make this field mandatory and change its name as Truck Number. Use this field to enter truck number. Now I hope you are entering batches in batch split screen or may be in main screen. Where ever you are entering batches you can create a smartform for this ans assign this with your output type. Ask your ABAPER to fetch truck number in header of print and batches with all materials. Give this print as Receipt or customer receiving and ask the delivery guys to get it sign from customer when they deliver the goods.

Let me know if there is something more you require in this process.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I also came up with another solution:

Use the batch characteristics function to manage this. When batch number is determined during PGI, I can put in corresponding values(truck number, driver information, etc.) in MSC2N.

I can get those information respectively by each batch number when printing the customer receipt out.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats good you have some other solution but don't you think that delivery related information should be in delivery document instead of in batch number. Secondly I don't know how batch number is configured in your system. You should go with best and most convenient solution but in my opinion delivery related information should be in delivery document.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and I totally agree with your opinion. But I don't know how to match each batch number with certain truck info if I put it in delivery header since  one delivery may need more than one truck. And customer receipt is required to print per each truck.

Well, maybe I can use some item level fields or even Text to solve this.  What do you think?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Yes you can use some item level field like Recv. Point in Item > Loading and shipment tab. But what if there is batch split with 50 quantity and you have loaded 25 quantity on truck A and remaining 25 on truck B. Well, in this case I think you have to go for each batch but again as i Said in my earlier post see your client's comfort level and then chose the solution which meets the actual requirement.

Thanks

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will suggest to explore outbound shipment without  any SCD creation. Shipment option has given by sap to handle such business scenario.

If it is not possible, As you suggested , you may create manual text types , Like Driver name, truck number. 

Make sure before PGI, this text type is getting updated by user. In your ouput you can copy these details to output.

Regards

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can create the batch batch characteristic,  its comes mchb table level , and also try with item text ,

my option is at item level loading and shipment level, Recv. point field is their you can use the this field , and enter the truck number  , and print level you can fix this

when you search the item level you can find the batch number and truck it comes

pl try this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj, can you give me more detail about the shipment option solution?

I searched in the forum and didn't find what I hope to get.

Thanks!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For shipment creation you need to activate transportation for your deliveries. For this Please activate transportation relevance for Delivery type and item category. Also you need to configure shipment document and create it with VT01N and assign delivery orders to shipment document. In shipment document you can add Vehicle number driver name etc etc

Please check the node Logistics Execution > Transportation. The process will be like Sale Order > Delivery > Shipment > Invoice.

Thanks

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to activate shipment, you will find settings available in SPRO>> Logistic execution>>> Transportation. Your scenario suggest that you are using single mode of transport to ship deliveries. In this case you can use single leg shipment.. Configure shipment documents in SPRO for single leg shipment.  Do not activate SCD.

Once configuration is done you can add delivery in shipment  based on the weight of truck, route.

In case you want to use shipment try by going mentioned path and let me know in case finding issue.

You can check below link for further details:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1799026

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Transportation+Configuration+and+Process+Flow

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Use field Means of Transport ID and Header level Text  which will be copied to item Text  are my final solution.

Thanks for your suggestion.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi HU

This is the simple and easy solution. Thanks for sharing. If you have got your solution then please close this thread.

Answers (0)