Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number of retries and retry interval of messages in Adapter Engine

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm having a trouble with the retry interval of the messages in adapter engine.

I'm using PI 7.1 and I have a scenario wich has an outbound R3 Proxy (via SOAP adapter) to a WebService Receiver (SOAP Receiver adapter too). This interface runs as an Integrated Configuration.

When testing the scenario to trigger some alerts, I set up some mapping errors to make the interface crash. The problem that I'm having is that when a check the status in the Message Monitoring it retries 3 times with an interval of 5 minutes between each of them, and I would like not to retry.

I found some forums and topics where people suggested to change the parameters of the "XPI Adapter: XI" service in: Java System Properties -> Services (from NWA). I changed the "xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default" and "xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default" to minimum values but nothing changed.

Do I have to do something else in there? Or there is another way to change it?

Thanks in advance,

(image attached)

Juan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

First Try to change the parameters

xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default

xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default

then stop and restar the service:

sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.svc

Regards

Ulises

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could do it for communication channel  by navigating to below path but if you want stop it for mapping failure then try to execute job to cancel failed messages.

RWB--->Component Monitoring-->Communication channel Monitoring--->select receiver channel

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja, surprisingly I noticed that values in settings of the CC are the same that I set up in Java Service Properties.

Still it doesn't work, keep retrying more than was set.

Thanx.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you need to restart the system after this change(my guess) .

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to be sure about that, because it's not so easy to ask for a restart in here.

Thanx.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Couple of times Java Stack changes like changes in CC Channel may not show in Run time, those cases Java Restart is necessary. Also perform full cache refresh from SXI_CACHE.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks, I have already did an SXI_CACHE refresh and a Java Restart but the system keeps retrying 3 times, and using a 5' interval instead of what I've defined:

Any other idea ?

Thanks,

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

To achieve Number of Retry and Retry intervals, configuration in Adapter (Communication Channel) should be enough as mentioned by Raja. May be for defining at 2 places, System always taking Default value mentioned in your above screenshot. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Screenshot shared showing the settings of parameters changed for XI adapter...

Can you cross check whether the settings has to be changed for the SOAP adapter rather than for XI adapter to get reflected...

This is my guess as I dont have access to NWA to check parameters ..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, I don't see SOAP Adapter properties in NWA Config. for changing:

Did you try to mean another configuration?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Check the service com.aii.adapter.xi.svc in configtool  .In the service i see properties related to xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default and xiadapter.outbound.numberRetries.default.

It might help this for your requirement.

Regards

Pradeep