SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deriving GM account assignments without sacrificing Internal Accounting

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Client has forwarded me GM master data templates for Sponsored classes that are used for budgeting in sponsored projects. Sponsored classes consists of around 200 classes with a broad classification of expenses for which sponsors award budget. My GL structure is not so wide to accommodate all these sponsored classes in one to one basis derivation rules. We have around 100 sponsored projects, i am here quoting HCM related costs on project where HR cost budget is received against 20 different sponsored classes like Team Leads Salary,Developer Salary, Coordinator salary,PI Salary, COPI Salary e.t.c . My question is , assuming i have only 4 Salary related GLs in FI for HCM payroll posting and one IO for every project , how can i make system derive these sponsored classes and its related sponsored programs with grant and fund head.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can use Grant/Sponsor to vary the Sponsored Class for a single GL Account. If however the sponsored classes require a greater level of detail than the current GL Accounts allow, you have increase the number of GL Accounts. In the NGL, the GL Account structure is not just for internal reporting but is really the basis for all reporting. Further Grant Reporting is just as much of an organizational reporting requirement.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can use Grant/Sponsor to vary the Sponsored Class for a single GL Account. If however the sponsored classes require a greater level of detail than the current GL Accounts allow, you have increase the number of GL Accounts. In the NGL, the GL Account structure is not just for internal reporting but is really the basis for all reporting. Further Grant Reporting is just as much of an organizational reporting requirement.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi:

I am thinking to create one statistical commitment item 30/3 per sponsored class. In GMDERIVE following will be the combination

Cost element+Commitment item+Internal Order=Sponsored class+Sponsored Program.

so beside entering CE and IO user will also be required to enter commitment item for FI related postings..

However above derivation will be for only FI postings, for HCM related Sponsored classes i will be increasing my GL structure since i can not afford commitment item not entered error in payroll postings.

What do you suggest ?

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

You can create the rules as follows:

1. GL Account = Commitment Item (FMDERIVE)

2. Internal Order + Commitment Item = Sponsored Program and Sponsored Class (GMDERIVE)

With Rule 1 the user does not have to enter the CI. For HCM you will need to increase the number of GL Accounts if you need additional detail.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Again i can not create GL=CI rule since we do not have 1:1 relationship between CI and GL , instead Many Gls are pooled for one commitment item...I do not want to open multiple GL accounts.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

My suggestion would be to one to one commitment items. Pools can be created by using groups. You can also create pools as well as one to one and derive the appropriate one based on the process. In any case you can also derive GL > Sponsored Class directly without using CI.

Thanks

Shyam