Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Printing Error - Area shows Unknown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Client is facing a strange problems while printing from SAP.

There are two smart forms designed for material document printing. One for automatic printing, triggers at the time of document posting. And other for reprint of the same assigned to Z transaction. Both were working fine since last week, where system got down for few hours. Once system is up, user is claiming that the automatic print is not happening properly. when he posts 5 material documents, system is printing 1 or 2 or some times none (But for all these documents, reprint is working fine). When checked in spool, the request status shows error, and details shows as given below. 

Description      Value

Job status:

Area:            Unknown
Printout:        Unknown

Last event:

Date:            12/27/2012
Time:            14:44:30
Error class:     Information
Area:            SAP Spool
Printout:        Not printed

Here, the area shows "Unknown" instead of SAP Spool.

When I checked in my system with my printer setup, system is automatically printing without any failure. I requested user to check with network and printer. Even though after changing the printer, there is no progress.

Gurus, Could you please help me in this issue.

Thanks and regards

Venkat V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check below notes:-

SAP Notes 48400 & 98065

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fc/04ca3bb6f8c21de10000000a114084/content.htm

With Regards,

V Srinivasan

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check below notes:-

SAP Notes 48400 & 98065

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fc/04ca3bb6f8c21de10000000a114084/content.htm

With Regards,

V Srinivasan