Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person not valid at given point in time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a following issue;

User has been assigned to person assignment tab in 1 of the project where dates are in RED font in person assignment tab against the user due to warning message "Person not valid at given point in time". Activity plan period is July 12 to Dec'12. User has been assigned to activity from First week of Nov'12. User has joined the organization in Oct'12.  Neither assigned duration nor work is exceeding the planned end date of activity.   User is not assigned to work center which is maintained in Activity but none of other members are assigned either and warning is not generating for any of them.

Will you pl let me know where I am making the mistake as this warning is generating.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Go to PA20 and check HR master data for this user. Check data is maintained for all required infotypes.

(For e.g. IT0001,IT0002,IT0007,IT0315 etc) You can compare HR master data for this User with other members.

Take help of HR consultant to find any missing data in HR master.

Also, check whether indicator " Only from w/p" is not set in Person Assignment Tab of the Activity.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

"Only from w/p" is ticked in Person Assginmnet Tab of Activity. I tried removing the same and then entered the date for employee in question. This time system does not throw any warning msg but dates are still appearing in RED font.

Can you suggest further?

I also compared in PA20 records for employee with other team members and found only difference with WS Rule which is different than other team members. Does that have any impact in our case? I also checked with HR person but it seems changing the same from todays date is possible but change from back date may not be fesible as this may impact some missing time notification.

regards,

Rahul Shende 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Try entering any alternative dates within the period in which Employee is assigned in HR master data.

You can set or withdraw "Only from w/p" indicator as often as you like when you assign people. This enables you to limit or extend your selection for each individual split. Any assignments you previously made are not influenced by the setting or withdrawing of the indicator.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Ya I already tried entering varying dates withing HR master data after removing "Only from w/p" indicator. My observation was based on it only. No warning message but still dates are in RED font. Has WS Rule has anything to do with this warning message or RED font?

Regards,

Rahul Shende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes, if you have compared in PA20 records for employee with other team members and found only difference with WS Rule which is different than other team members. Then it will have an impact.

Please try changing same in Test system with the help of HR person first and see if it works.

Else you can also ask HR person to create new employee having HR master data similar to other team member and check if you are getting this error in test system.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I managed to get around the issue by Planning the Activity after Joining date of user and then assigning him in Person assignment tab. Later I selected the split  dispatch indicator and again planned the activity in original period and this time dates does not turned red for user. I know its not the STD way of dealing it but managed as of now. Thanks for your input on the post.

Marking this post as closed now.

Regards,

Rahul Shende

Answers (0)