cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent sales order for certain materials in a plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exerts

I would like to use Material exclusion functonality for preventing sales order creation on certain materials.

Is it possible?

Irrespective of customers, in a specific plant, i would like to have a stop to placing order.

Thanks

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram siva,

We are using copy condition table of " 003 " for plant level control.

The table "003" is having parameters- Plant, Material and Unit of measure, I hope this may helps you and let me know if you have any issues after trying.

Best regards,

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

There's a standard table for material exclusion so i think there's no need for customization. Table 003 would be the best option for you as rightly said by Mr. Moazzam. In this you will get plant, material, customer, material group, material type, material pricing group etc.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Custom Table with fields Material, Plant, etc as you required and write a validation using Exit program MV45AFZZ.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As per my knowledge it wont be possible to do it on plat level , You need to block the material for all Sales org attached to that plant ,

OR

You need to go for a user exit development

User-Exit in program MV45AFZB -  USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION

Or

You can just check transaction VB01 to exclude material for sales ,

Regards

Kunal

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

Yes it is possible with material exclusion at plant level. I am also using material exclusion functionality for this purpose. Have you tried this? What is the issue you are facing? Please update then I will see how I could help you in this.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Thank you for your post!

To confirm, is your company using condition table with fields Plant / Material?

In the access sequence, are any other tables used too?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

In my company we are using standard table 003. Plant/Material/Unit of measure. We can define our own table too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain step by step ,how your company is doing Exclusion in plant level ?

Thanks,

Sathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope  we can control it by Defining a table for Exclusion Access Sequence with Plant and material.

and mainitaning the same Record.

sivavasireddy

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If this is not possible with SAP Standard settings, then you may try entering a small code in Sales Order User exit, which will do the needful.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

One option may be to put your  stock avaialble in  plant and storage location  of specific material to block stock.

You can use transaction MB1C with movement type 505.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ram, Neeraj,

If business does not want to create sales orders for specific materials from specific plants, are there any stock (of those materials) in those plants? If yes, then why?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To temporary block the creation sales order for a certain material ,just go as follow steps.

• Set the material status parameters in SM30 in Table Views V_TVMS.
  • Click Maintain and double click into the material status code and you can set three types of response for each sales and distribution process as ,
  1. No Dilogue
  2. Warning when entering the material
  3. error message ( That is the sales and distribution document can not be entered on the basis of the material status.

Side Comment : Whatever I have explained as above relevant to only material wise not plant wise .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Siva ,

Try with MM06.

former_member204590
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

We can lock material in MM02. or inactive in Sales and purchasing view of respective material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Make use of the belwo filed X-dist xhain status in sales org-2 tab in material master

Raneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

X-dist xhain prevents at sales/dc level only. My requirement is for plant.

thanks

ramSiva

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked my solution? Use standard table 003.