SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Grant in New GL scenario with table FAGLFLEXT

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are using Segment reporting with document splitting to draw balanced balance sheet for every segments . Grants management is also being used and i want system to split and populate Grant number in FI postings, currently system is not doing so since i am using table FAGLFLEXT , is there any way i can add this Grant field without changing my total table so that it gets populated in assign scenarios and customer fields to ledger. If there is any please guide.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

This subject has been discussed quite a few times. I am not so good in fishing out the old threads; but OSS note 1060657 pretty much explained everything. The bottom line is that you do NOT have to use FMGLFLEXT to accomplish document splitting by FM/GM characteristics. Just read that note carefully and you'll know what to do.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to assign Grant field as document splitting characteristics. 

If Grant field is defined as a splitting characteristic, but the relevant scenario or custom field is not assigned to a ledger, then it will not be updated in certain New G/L tables.

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

I do not believe you can save the Grant field without adding it to the coding block and the total table. Any other method will require a significant amount of custom development and may still not address all requirements. In fact my recommendation would be to switch the table to FMGLFLEXT or PSGLFLEXT now so you can use Business Area, Fund and Grant.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hmmm but as i told you we are using segment reporting with document splitting and segment field is not available in FMGLFLEXT table . How can i use grant and segment simultaneously. Please guide me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif, as A M said if you want to use Grant for splitting you will need to add this field to the New GL tables if you are not using FMGLFLEXT or PSGLFLEXT.

You can use transaction FAGL_GINS to add customer fields or SAP standard fields that are not contained in a delivered scenario to your set of tables for the new general ledger.

I found OSS note1030497 useful.

Kind regards, E

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

My only point was that you have to add the grant field to the table. The question here is not so much whether the customer has to use segments but rather what the segment represents. In the tables FMGLFLEXT and PSGLFLEXT you can create balance sheets by Business Area (organizational entity), Fund (source of funding) and Grant (source of sponsor funds). If you can pursuade the customer to use Business Area or Fund, the amount of custom development you need to undertake will be reduced. In particular you have to think of not just posting but reporting. Most reporting libraries do not include Segment and Grant in one table.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Segment here represents fund heads ...we initially did not think about option of creating financials using Fund as document splitting characteristic. Segments for us represents Fund heads. Now while using Grants management, when posting is done FI using Grant budget then grant can be seen in entry view but not in GL View and this ie because scenario for Grant is not available in FAGLFLEXT. Can i use both Grant and Segment in FAGLFLEXT , if yes then how to add grant field in FAGLFLEXT. We do not want to use FMGLFLEXT.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

You mention that "Segments represent fund heads (groups of funds?)...we initially did not think about option of creating financials using Fund as document splitting characteristic..."

I am still unclear regarding the arguments against using FMGLFLEXT except that it will change your current direction. Please note that changing directions during this phase is better than finding out in integration testing that some functionality does not work because of non-standard use of key tables. You can use the suggestion Ellen provided above to add the Grant field to FAGLFLEXT but you can avoid all this by switching the table.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif - What is your concern for adding a field to FAGLFLEXT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

This subject has been discussed quite a few times. I am not so good in fishing out the old threads; but OSS note 1060657 pretty much explained everything. The bottom line is that you do NOT have to use FMGLFLEXT to accomplish document splitting by FM/GM characteristics. Just read that note carefully and you'll know what to do.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Issue resolved with guidelines contained in the note you forwarded and it contained another note 832362 which actually guided towards addition of Grant field for splitting in Total table FAGLFLEXT.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Dear Atif

Using FAGLFLEXT did you also have to change the field movement for 90GM

sender table ACCHD

receiver table GMIT

sender field in ACCIT_GLX is normally GRANT_NBR

did you have to change this to your ZZ field (eg ZZ_GRANT)?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi:

Nope i did not make such a change, system not allowed me to do such a change, do i really have to make such change ? Without making this change i am able to get the desired results using document splitting. . Moreover in my splitting method , GRANT_NBR is assigned.

Regards