cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Inactive entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on IDM 7.2 SP6 with MS SQL 2008 R2 DB. I have inactivated an entry by setting MX_INACTIVE=1.

Now,when I try to activate the same entry using a provisioning task,I get the following error

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.addEntry failed storing entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: " Entry type missing for entry:" when validating entry

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: "Entry does not exist" when fetching entry

The proviosioning task that is being used to activate the entry has following details on the "Destination" tab:

MSKEYVALUE     %MAKEYVALUE%

MX_INACTIVE     {R}

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Sometimes an inactivation or activation process is running.

If you set MX_INACTIVE as a post process (toIdentityStore process/ job) you can make sure that this works in SAP IDM 8.0 (also before in 7.2) in the way Matt mentioned (see my screenshot).

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alan,

Try using {D} instead of {R} which will drop the value.  {R} is for roles.  Also make sure you are referring to %MSKEYVALUE%, I'm assuming you made a typo in your example.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

I tried to use a job instead of using a provisioning task to activate entries.I was able to successfully activate entry in IDM.However, after activating the entry I cannot search entry using the IDM UI.

With IDM 7.2 ,is the entry deleted after deactivation? I expected IDM to behave in the following manner when MX_INACTIVE is set to 1:

1. Remove all roles and privilege assignment.

2. When required, such entries should be activated using MX_INACTIVE attribute.After activating the entry I should be able to perform all regular operations on the entry ..eg, role assignment, role removal,etc.

Thanks

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe when you set inactive the user is no longer visible via the UI.

To be sure, I always like to have a workflow do those steps you have indicated.  It's just safer.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that this should be done via workflows. But before testing these things with workflow, I want to ensure that MX_INACTIVE attribute works as expected.

Although, I have made the entry active again, I still cannot see it using UI.