cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Tutorials & Samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a junior SAP Analyst & Developer and I want to specialize in SAP Mobile development

I haven't access to any Sybase Unwired Server nor SAP AS. And I work with android & Eclipse. May I ask if there is a simulation environment that I can use to test the performance of the SAP Mobile Platform & the SYBASE Unwired Platform before starting courses.

Any help is very welcome.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Azmi,

I think this is what you were looking for. Feel free to ask anymore questions

Best Regards,

Sujith

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Azmi,

There are plenty of  guides available @ http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/content#filterID=content~objecttype~objecttype%5Bdocument%5D 

To start with SUP online apps you can refere http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532.

Regards

Rohith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,
Thank you very much for answers. They were very helpful.
If I understand good ( and please correct me if I'm wrong) , The SAP Mobile solution consists of 2 parts :

- The Sybase unwired SDK - for development.
- The Sybase Unwired Server - to handle data in the background.

For the moment I installed The SDK environment with success. But for the second part, Do you have an idea how to have access to a Sybase Unwired Server for free or almost. I have seen that SAP offers 30 Trial days of the Sybase Unwired Server on Amazone WS. But I haven't a Amazone account. I have seen prices. and it is really expensive it is made for Professional solutions. I'm still a beginner and I'm just starting SAP Mobile development. I can't pay so much for the moment. Maybe one day, who knows .

Thank you

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Azmi,

You have understood right.

I found this answer. Maybe it helps you.

1. 1. Q: What is the difference between the 30 day free trial of SUP and SUP on Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
    With the 30day free trial of SUP our idea is to give as many people as possible the ability to try out SUP. During the 30day free trial all costs for running the SUP server in the Cloud as well as the Mobile SDK are covered by SAP. With the 30 day free trial you are able to connect real devices to the server but you have to develop on the server hosted for you by our partner Cloudshare. With the 30 day trial we also have an ERP system available for you to read and write data from and to.

With the Amazon Web Service SUP, SAP grants an individual developer the right to develop software/applications on top of SUP but does not cover any costs for operating the server on Amazons Cloud. The idea is that you can use this offering after your 30 day trial has expired but you are in no way required to have used the 30 day trial before making use of SUP on AWS. On AWS the individual Developer has the ability to develop, his applications on his own computer by downloading and the Mobile SDK from SCN as well as connecting devices to the server. The SUP on AWS does not come with an ERP backend. You are however free to connect any backend that is available to you.

You can read this doc for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are the best .
Thank you

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Welcome