Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Query err: No data was selected

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

When I’m creating an ABAP Query with ZQ01 or ZQVI for VK13 by joining tables A304 (cond. table of PR00) and KONP, then on executing the Query I’m getting an err: No data was selected.

Diagnosis

When executing a query on the selection screen, no data was found for the criteria you entered. Therefore, no list could be generated.

But there are 10 records for PR00 in VK13. So why the query is not showing any data? Is it because that I’ve made some mistake while creating Query or system does not show data for condition records?

The 2 tables (A304 and KONP) are not linked through primary/ foreign key. Is it necessary to have foreign key concept between 2 tables to create ABAP query? I think it should not be because while creating Info set Table join is auto created. But not sure pls suggest.

I’ve created query of 2 Z-tables, which are not linked with primary/ foreign key. But still it is giving o/p.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, you should ideally use KONH and KONP and not the condition table. KONH also has the condition table as one field. So you can make use of that field as selection field. I checked this and it works!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SQVI, select the option Logical Database VAV or VFV and then execute. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check your join condition for which your are making the selection.

Also try to match the records by displaing it in SE16n and see whether its matching the join condition or not.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

R,

Exactly which items (fields) are you joining on?

Best regards,

DB49