cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External reference field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we are configuring CHaRM in SAP solution Manager 7.1 , i am looking for external reference field , can someone help how  do i activate this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The external reference field is available in 7.1 as well but this is not visible by default. you can add this field by using configurable areas option in CRM UI and you can add the field - External reference from BTADMINH drop down list.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to Imran's answer, this article describes very precisely and step by step how to add this field in the CRM UI:

It is applicable both for ChaRM and Service Desk.

Regards,

Rémi.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This field is not available in the CRM UI transaction or new web based interface of Solution Manager Incident Management SMIN transaction type

thus you have to create a new field if you have similar requirement using AET

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/01/320bd270e84f419953906fe8050ed1/frameset.htm

hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the reply,  i am actually looking for this external reference filed in ChaRM, requirement is to update a request number that is created in third party ITSM tool, to have a proper tracking

i remember this filed was available in solman 7.0 in the main screen of CHaRM and Service desk

i am not a CRM guy, can you share any simple doc/blog which explain how to create new filed

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are correct it was there but now it is removed.

thus you need to create this as per your requirement with AET ....its not an easy task need to contact solman functional guy he will be able to do that.

Thanks & Regards

Prakhar Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

any inputa pls