cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create AFS Delivery Orders via IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create AFS outbound delivery orders that are received in from a third party warehouse. Unfortunately I am not able to find any suitable IDOC type or BAPI that can create delivery orders until the grid value level of the material.

Appreciate if you all can advise on this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since I'm not sure whether you're talking about delivery creation for sales order or stock transport order (STO), I'll try to provide my input for both.

There is no standard AFS IDOC/process code available for creating delivery. This is valid till the last AFS release 6.6. You could potentially use some non customer released function modules or BAPI, but note that not all scenarios will work. AFS supports mainly outbound delivery creation through VL10*.

For logistics processes between plants, it might be useless to get STO outbound delivery created, hence you could encapsulate BAPI BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_STO in a custom IDOC function module and get your delivery created. In that case, I assume that you're getting STO number from your WMS. Otherwise, you would have to select STO and sort items/schedule line as it's configured in VL10*.

Usually for sales processes, since order needs first to be allocated via ARUN, outbound delivery are created in SAP and sent out to WMS through IDOC (or other). Then the incoming IDOC shipping response is used to perform pick, pack and goods issue. Creating delivery for sales order is tricky as there are many features which are AFS specific.

Regards,

Mehdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mehdi,

Thanks for your answer. Let me explain on my scenario a little bit more. SAP will create the sales order and the orders will be sent to the warehouse via IDOC. The warehouse will be responsible to create the delivery orders on their side. The warehouse will send the information on the successful deliveries together with the existing SAP sales order to SAP to create outbound deliveries. Thus, SAP will be receiving inbound IDOC from the warehouse in order to create delivery orders in SAP via tcode VL01N. If I use VL10 to create delivery orders, I will not be able to maintain what are the line items, material number and grid value that have been succesful shipped by the warehouse. We need to create with the correct delivery information received from the warehouse. The existing BAPI, BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_SLS only allows to maintain the line item and material number only. In AFS, it is important to drill down the line items till the grid value level. Thus, I am currently looking for the right IDOC type with the matching process code or any other alternative that can handle the process that I mentioned above.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hello Yvonne,

Your scenario is strange, WMS should not create outbound delivery. It should only get the delivery from SAP and send back pick & pack data.

You did not understand me. What you need to do:

Create a Z* IDOC function module

Create delivery without passing material, grid value etc...While creating delivery, AFS selects schedule lines based on allocation (Fixed assignment) and dates

When the delivery is created, you perform pick & pack and delete unpicked items. That's it, quite easy.

You just need to encapsulate two functions in one function module, hence you'll be able to achieve what you want.

I would try to push back delivery creaton in SAP. But I guess, you got good arguments before deciding the WMS to be responsible for delivery creation. It would be interesting to know why delivery creation cannot happen in SAP.

Regards,

Mehdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use idoc Basic Type /AFS/ORDERS05 & Message Type ORDERS for AFS inbound order.
You can create order with details up to grid value from third party systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne Lee Sook Fun,

I DOC is DELIVERY03 and for material Grid Value use segment E1J3AIM with qualifier 002 and field J_3ASIZE for Grid value.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You Can use Logical Message type: DESADV

IDoc Type: /AFS/DELVRY03

Output Type: LAVA

Partner Type: KU

Process Code: DELV (outbound)

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since SAP will be receiving inbound IDOC from the warehouse, I will need to use an inbound process code. So far, the process code I used is not successful.

Thank you!

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go through this link (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_afs50/helpdata/en/b2/53af10cda511d2aca20000e829fbfe/frameset.htm).

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Thanks,