cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to import XML files in import manager for contract from SRM to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to import the xml files. can you pls suggest me to how to import the xml files through imort manger.

We have configured scenario in XI to directly publish the contract from SRM to MDM.

I am getting following xml files in FTP server directory after publishing one contract from SRm to MDM.

MDMHierarchyTransmissionNonHierarchy_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductCategory_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductID_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4SupplierPartNumber_In

MDMProductDataTransmission_In

MDMHierarchyTransmissionFunctional_In

MDMHierarchyTransmissionStructure_In

MDMHierarchyTransmissionStructure_In

MDMHierarchyTransmissionFunctional_In

can you pls suggest to how to import these files and which field should I map to which table/field in this xml files.

and pls tell me which files are required for transferring contract from SRM to MDM out of these files.

Thanks

Ravi Kant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

This is because source file(XML) does not have appropriate fields per standard mapping.

Consider an example- There are 3 fields A,B & C in source file that are mapped to field D,E & F of destination table.

Source     Destination

A     -->     D

B     -->     E

C     -->     F

After performing such field mapping, if i save this map named "Standard_Material", then in future whenever someone tries to open this MAP , source file should always possess fields A, B & C.

If these fields are not available in source file then system would not load map and give above error, as in your case. If i am not wrong - For the xml file to load with existing map , its structure,name of field and total no. of fields should been similar to the already saved map.

I am sure that the xml file that you are attempting to open through Import Manager does not have corresponding fields that were previously mapped and saved.

I would suggest performing customized mapping with available xml file to destination table in MDM repository and save the map. This way you can over come this problem. Because we are not sure about field mapping done for the existing mapping(Standard Map).

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

is there any way to map the file without mapping all fields in xml file.

I mean if few fields are required to map , then is it possible. Because if it is possible. am not able to do that.

Thanks

Ravi Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is very much possible. You can map fields, per your requirement (be it 10 fields or 100 fields).

What is the error in your case? See what message you get under "Import status" tab!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

there is 11 fields that need to map in xml file as per standard map. I can see that all the fields are mapped in tab Map Fields/Value but in Import status tab, status is that only 9 fields are mapped out of 11. I want to import only 9 fields instead of 11 in repository for that contract.

Import button is inactive for this in import status tab.

Can you pls guide me how to do import for these 9 fields only.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

I guess, additional 2 fields you are talking about could be parent nodes, which are added by dafault in most cases. If you can see that 9 fields are already mapped under Map fields/values (which is the requirement), then i think your next step must be to review Match records tab - Ensure Matching fields are selected and Default import action is set. If all these actions are perfect please check what is the message under import Status and share with us.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

Please see the attached image for details. I do not want to map Product Guid in this.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fair enough if you do not wish to map ProductGUID but i think some of the other fields are yet to be mapped as the last screenhost shows "MSSHierarchy" needs to mapped to import qualifiers. Did you gave a try following instructions as directed from Import status tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I tried to map but there is no filed that is unmapped in Map Fields/value tab. Execute import button is inactive and I cant import this file.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I would suggest removing already selected fields from Match records tab then move to import status tab..This would refresh the Import Manager and from there you can follow the instructions as given in the import status tab. Mere try..might be helpful.

If you have already tried this then we must look to review all steps from the beggining with screenshots. A detailed explanation might give fair idea on whats going wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

I mapped the file MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductID_In and contract is tagged to line item in data manager and cart can be created with reference to this contract in SRM.

but am facing two problems now:

1. XML file have supplier ID and I have to change the supplier name to supplier ID in data manager in table catalog items

2. I need to add complete contract number range in data manager to automatically import the file( or click on add in import manager to add the contract in table in contract price, but then it will not automatic import).

is there any other solution for this.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand the mapping part that you have initially explained. I would try to brief on one of the problems that you have pointed.

1) I hope Supplier ID fields also exists in Data Manager. If not you may create and perform mapping or alternate solution would be to to rename the Supplier Name field, if this is not of any use.

I am sorry i could not understand the 2nd problem. If i have rightly understood you want to import records with contract number range (to be created) automatically in data manager. Pls let us know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are attempting to open standard maps provided by SAP and xml files received in ftp folder might not be according to standard maps .

Please share what is the exact error triggered while trying to open standard maps. If the issue is only with field mapping then it can be customized/modified, per your requirement. I am not sure if there are any documents available to explain this in detail.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I am getting attached error "The map could not be loaded because table 'MDMcontractdatatransmission.contractitemlist.contractitem'is not a source." in import manager with standard map for file MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductCategory_In ...... and map is _MDMContractDataTransmission_prodcategory

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If i have rightly understod the issue. XI/PI is landing xml files in MDM distribution folders.

From here MDM import manager/import server processes xml files into MDM repositories and causes some error. Process of importing xml files from MDM distribution folders appears simple provided all basic configurations with regards to port, remote system, associated xsd.

You may find many various discussion in the below link with regards to import.

http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=import+xml+file+thorough+import+manager&startindex=1&filter=scm_a...

Simple steps to import xml file via Import Manager:

1.Connect to xml file using Import Manager

2.Select the destination table to which to wish to map your fields from source file.

3.Perform Value mapping for all fields.

4.Select Unique field from matching tab.

5.Create/Overwrite all mapped fields as default import action

6.Hit Ready to import button(!)

Please feel free to drop a note for any detailed clarification.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I can do import for excel file with similar steps you mentioned above. but in these XML files, I am not able to get the idea that what should be destination hierarchy for which xml.

and Standard maps are not working for these XML.

can you please confirm that these all xml files are correct to publish the SRM contract in MDM. and can you please name the files which are required to upload the contract in MDM.

Are these four files are only required to publish the SRM contract to MDM.

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductCategory_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductID_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4SupplierPartNumber_In

MDMProductDataTransmission_In

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

I think there are more standard maps available. If these are not helpful you may think of developing your own MAP based on your requirement provided you know fields that are supposed to be mapped among source and destination table.

Pls refer following document (screenshots showing multiple standard maps).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0940876-42fe-2d10-77be-a82aaa163...

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Is there any standard document available for this scenario with screenshots to how to map or output in MDM data manger (Field where value will be reflected)?

Thanks

Ravi