Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Rfx Response be changed by Bidders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working in SRM 7.0.

I want to know if the Rfx response submiited by bidder, is allowed to change by bidder within the submission deadline.

I can see a withdraw option which is active during the submission deadline window.

But once he withdraw the response there is no option to change the response all he can do is re-submit the response.

But i do not find it logical to withdraw the response and resubmit the same.

I was wondering if they are not at all allowed to change the submitted response or is there any configuration or role needed to assign to bidders to allow them to change the response.

Regards

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

Have u checked the box allow Multiple Response Tab while Creating the RFx .?

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Yes it is checked. Eventhough no option to change

Thanks

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi punit,

Try this out:

Go to SPRO>>SRM Server>>Cross Application basic Settings>> Define Transaction Type>>Select RFx Bus 2200 and Check the box Bidder may change Bids.

Hope it Helps.....

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thankyou so much for your reply.

But this option is allready checked and still no change option for Bidder.

Also i want to know what is the control of maintaining these settings here for Transaction types. Because whatever i maintain here i can manage all the controls from portal while publishing the bid.

Lets say if i maintain Simple Price for a Transaction Type "RFX1" in SPRO. I am able to choose Price With Condition while publishing the rfx for this Transaction type.

I know i have posted a new doubt here but still the change option is priority

Thanks

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit

Have you checked this?

In RFx, at header level, you have "RFx Respondent Can Change RFx Responses" field.

At item level, you have "Allow RFx Response Modification" field.

Kind regards,

Martín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In RFx, at header level, i have checked "RFx Respondent Can Change RFx Responses" field. But the change otion is not visible for Bidders.

However i can't see "Allow RFx Response Modification" field at item level.

Regards

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

At item level i can see three options:

"Bidder can add new items"

"Bidder can change requested items"

"Bidder can change requested quantities"

I have checked all the three options. But no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

At item level i can see three options:

"Bidder can add new items"

"Bidder can change requested items"

"Bidder can change requested quantities"

I have checked all the three options. But no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried giving a SAP_ALL profile to bidder, just to check if it's an authorization issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Tried this option too. But still no change buttong

Thanks for your reply

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Martin!

Could you clarify me the difference between those two checkboxes - 1)at header level,  "RFx Respondent Can Change RFx Responses" field and 2) at item level, "Allow RFx Response Modification" field.

I have the same problem as Punit. Bidders have the opportunity to change their responses when field "RFx Respondent Can Change RFx Responses" is checked, however, there is no "edit" button when the field  "Allow RFx Response Modification"  at item level is checked.

Thanks in regard,

Daria

Former Member
0 Kudos

before the deadline i.e the final date of submission, changes in rfx response is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If that is so, can you point out why the bidder are not getting any change option in my case. Is there any config or role required to enable edit/change option.

Regards

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

may be the change flag is not set

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3178922

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply.

But the above thread says on how to enable the change option for Buyer but not for the Bidder / Vendor. My requirement is to enable the change option in Rfx Response for Bidder / Vendor.

Regards

Punit