cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open sales orders for text items

Former Member
0 Kudos

'There are a lot of such open sales orders which contain text items. The presence of these open text items sets the order status to “Being processed”. please a solution so that sales orders are set to “Completed” status without affecting the existing setup'

Scenario: There are 10 items in a sales order. 9 items have been delivered and invoiced. One item remaining is a text item (with item category “TATX”). The presence of this open text item sets the order status to “Being processed”.

Moderator Remarks:

Please use effective & professional subject line for your discussion and adhere that for your future post also.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash - Subject line realigned

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you want to short close the sales order.

Ie. The status of the order should be changed from being processed to completed.

You can add Reason for Rejection at item level for the material line item which is not be processed.in future.This will change the status of your order from being processed to Completed.

You can process reason for rejection at mass level

Hope it helps You

Regards,

Mohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can Address this in two ways

1.Inactivate the Check Box Update Document Flow in T.code- VTLA for the Item Categoty- TATX

2.If you think Item Category- TATX is not essential in the sales process you can remove them.

Sivavasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually sometime the business reuqirement is to deliver & bill it also. And some time they do not want to deliver & bill. in such cases how should i proceed.

completion rule is set blank

item is releveant for delivery & billing also.

and if i remove these checks , then business needs cannot be catered fully. please advice on this.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have said that - "Actually sometime the business reuqirement is to deliver & bill it also. And some time they do not want to deliver & bill. in such cases how should i proceed"

If above is the case then it will be difficult to set Sales order as Completed.

I suggest you um Mass update periodically & close all the open Sales Order.

You can use T-Code MASS for this.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I will suggest you to study business process to find out difference when business need text item to be delivered and bill and  when business don't.

This will help you to create, build logic and correct settings.

You may create one manual Item category which allow text item to be delivered and billed. By default for text item, determine automatic Item category which will be not relevant for delivery or billing.

In case business need item to be delivered then they can change item category manually at line item to make it deliverable and billable.

in case you able to create business logic when process need text item to be delivered and when not then you can build one code to determine item category for text item instead of manual change

Regards

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like configuration in your system not correct thats why even after delivery and invoice your sales order status still in processing. Correct your configuration to avoid future issue.

Check already posted thread in SCN, hope this will help you

http://scn.sap.com/message/6354239

Regards