Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of formulae in SDP

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

I need physical samples to be generated when lot is generated . Also the number of primary samples are to be decided on the basis of the Containers received and no of pooled samples is fix =1

For this I have created SDP with formulae .

but my problem is :

No of Containers    No of primary samples

1-3                            3

4-8                            4

9-16                           5

>16                          root(n) +1

but in SDP either we can use fix or formulae . I am using formulae TRUNC (root(P2)+1) . but it is not satisfying above situation .

Please help

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you use the sampling scheme?

You can pre-define estimated maximum lot size & sample size.

I think this is just one time activity.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dowook ,

With SS I will be able to handle when the no of containers are less than equal to 16 but with SS how to handle root(n)+1 ?

Regards

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean more definitions for estimated maximum no. of containers.

For example..

Lot size   Sample size

3             3

8             4

16           5

25           6

36           7

49           8

1000000 1001 (estimated maximum no. of containers)

That is why I said "just one time activity".

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tq DoWook

this could also be a workaround but I was looking for something perfect for it . I think it wont be possible with SDP .

anyways thanks a lot . will wait for some more time for any other replies otherwise wil close it .

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dowook ,

One more problem it will have  :

1.  I want to generate physical samples from inspection lot automatically . Is it possible form sampling scheme itself .

2. I want to decide no of samples on the basis of no of containers but the GR will be done in terms of KG , Ltr etc . with SDP we can do it but with Sampling scheme is it possible ?

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

think first I can create by mentioning sampling scheme in SDP . only 2nd point is left . I can slve my problem , if I can create a formulae where if some value comes in decimal then it should be truncated to the next whole number .

for eg :

1.2 should be truncated to 2

1.6 should also be truncated to 2 .

right now I am using TRUNC (ROOT(P2) + 1)

it truncates some value to next whole number only if the value is more than 0.5 .

Can there be some formulae with which any value in decimal taken as next whole number .

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have solved it  . What I have done is I have created two task list in my Plan .

1. First task list have lot size limit upto certain kg . For eg if each container have 3kg then I mentioned my limits 1kg to 48kg ( 16* 3 = 48 ; read my question ) . In this case I have used a sample drawing procedure with primary samples according to Samling Scheme .

2. 2nd Task list I have lot size 49kg to 99999999999kg . Here I have used SDP with primary samples according to formulae .

Please note all the operations and MIC in both the task list are same .

In this case whenever the no of containers are less than 16 ie. 48kg then TL1 with SDP containing Samplin scheme is used and whenever its more than 48kg or more than 16 containers than TL2 with SDP according to formulae is used .

REgards

Answers (0)