Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1IH postings to CO-PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query. I was trying to post a transaction via JI1H –excise JV and I don't see profitability segment as a field over there in the coding block. Is it standard SAP ? I checked the field status of the GL account and prof segment is optional and I can very well see it during FI JVs , but not in JI1H . I checked the CIN config but I did not see any thing related to the screen variant as such . Does any one  have a clue ?

Regards

Amit

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

In case the posting to COPA happens via the FI document then the PA transfer structure FI will be used (tcode KEI3).  Here you need to add the required Cost Elements.

I hope it ll solve your issue.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. The transfer structure is already  maintained but the problem is I donot see profitability segment as input field only in J1IH

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Step 1.  As Balance sheet account is involved which is required to push its value to COPA. These G/L accounts should be converted into Cost element. As G/Ls which are not cost element cannot send their value to COPA

System generates Standard Error message when converting these G/Ls into cost element.

Use Tcode OBA5 Application area KI and message No. 098 and make online and BatchID as -

Save the Entry

Using Tcode KA01 make these G/Ls as Statistical Cost Element CtEle cat 90.

Step 2.  Include these G/Ls in OKB9 and Tick Profitability Segment only. By this we have defaulted Profitability Segment to these Statistical Cost element.

Step 3. Generate the Entry in J1IH

Step 4. Input the accounting Document no.generated in J1IH ;in transaction code KE24 in the field Reference document number. Execute the Transaction and click on the FI/CO Documents button at the menu bar

Regards,

Amit Shinde

0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

What I am refertring to is the P&L account for excise duty paid and not the liability /balance sheet for payable.The P&L account already exists as a cost element of category 1. My problem is that I can't see profitabilty segment as an option in transaction JI1H.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There wont be profitability segment as a field at the time of excise JV as there is difference between Excise JV and FI postings. It is standard SAP.There is nothing wrong with the field status of the GL account and prof segment.