cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Business System Group in Product/Location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In rrp3 I am getting following error message :

The product and the location belong to different system groups.

How to change the  Business System Group in Product/Location.?

thanks

prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The Business System Group identifies which physical ECC and SCM systems are to be combined in a higher level logical unit.  This must be done before master data is transferred from ECC to APO.  The BSG is defined in transaction //C1 and the BSG assignment to logical systems is done in transaction //C2.  Master data is created with respect to a Business System Group.  This allows you to differentiate between ECC systems when you have more than one ECC system connected to SCM.  LOC1 transferred from ECC system 1 will be different from LOC1 transferred from ECC system 2.  However, I don't know why you would want to do that as it would be confusing.

If I had to guess what happened in your situation is that the location was transferred from an ECC system defined with BSG1 and the product was transferred from an ECC system defined with BSG2.  Or the BSG wasn't defined at all before data was transferred.

Unfortunately, you have to start over.  I would start by deleting the existing master data. Define and assign the BSG with //C1 and //C2.  Then retransfer your master data.

Best Regards,

Mike