cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data out of SM37 via vbscript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I process a lot of data in the background and then i go to t-code SM37 and have to extract the data one by one.  I click on each spool in the step list and then send it to a local file.  I'd like to create a script to do this, and then assign the variant name or spool number as the file name.  i have been able to record a script to do the exporting, but i am still unable to edit the script to go down the spool list and ignore the items with no spool, and then if there is a spool, to export it, and assign the variant name as the file name.  Can anyone help?? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

unfortunately I do not work with the TA SM37. But I've seen it. Only spool to select you could try the following:

. . .

session.findById("wnd[0]").maximize

session.findById("wnd[0]/mbar/menu[1]/menu[0]").select

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/btnB_SEARCH").press

session.findById("wnd[2]/usr/txtGD_SEARCHSTR").text = "Spool"

session.findById("wnd[2]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/btnAPP_WL_SING").press

session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press

session.findById("wnd[1]").sendVKey 4

session.findById("wnd[2]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press

. . .

This should select only lines with spool. You could set also filter all of first manually without a script to use it.

If the selected cell contains the name you want, you can proceed as follows:

. . .

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").setFocus

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").caretPosition = 0

myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").text

session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 2

session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[48]").press

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").select

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").setFocus

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").setFocus

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").caretPosition = 0

session.findById("wnd[1]").sendVKey 4

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = myFileName & ".xls"

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").setFocus

'please deactivate

'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").caretPosition = 18

. . .

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scriptman, Thanks for the reply.  I'm not fully understanding the first section of code.  It pulls up the print screen.  the second section of code works good, but it keeps erroring out during the myFileName = .... Also, i'd like to get the script to go to the next row and continue on, but if i try to assign i=3 and then enter [14,i] it's not working.  Below is my code.  The items that are commented out are previous code attempts/ideas. If Not IsObject(application) Then   Set SapGuiAuto  = GetObject("SAPGUI")   Set application = SapGuiAuto.GetScriptingEngine End If If Not IsObject(connection) Then   Set connection = application.Children(0) End If If Not IsObject(session) Then   Set session    = connection.Children(0) End If If IsObject(WScript) Then   WScript.ConnectObject session,    "on"   WScript.ConnectObject application, "on" End If session.findById("wnd[0]").maximize session.findById("wnd[0]/mbar/menu[1]/menu[0]").select session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/btnB_SEARCH").press session.findById("wnd[2]/usr/txtGD_SEARCHSTR").text = "Spool" session.findById("wnd[2]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/btnAPP_WL_SING").press session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press session.findById("wnd[1]").sendVKey 4 session.findById("wnd[2]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press 'session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[42,3]").setFocus 'session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[42,3]").caretPosition = 1 'session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[47]").press 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtBTCH1120-VARIANT").setFocus 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtBTCH1120-VARIANT").caretPosition = 10 'myFileName = session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtBTCH1120-VARIANT").text 'session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").setFocus session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").caretPosition = 0 myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").text session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 2 session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[48]").press session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").select session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").setFocus session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press 'Enter path and filename session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").text = "C:\Documents and Settings\m310761\My Documents\CHRISSY SOTO\SOD" session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = myFileName & ".xls" session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press 'session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[34]").press 'session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").setFocus 'session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").caretPosition = 0 'session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 2 'session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[48]").press 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").select 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").setFocus 'session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").text = "C:\Documents and Settings\m310761\My Documents\CHRISSY SOTO\SOD" 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = myFileName & ".XLS" 'session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").caretPosition = 8 'session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

please record the script for setting the filter to the "spool" itself. I guess we have different layouts.

You could also manually configure filtering for spool. (e.g. the column spool mark -> menu -> command Edit -> command Filter set -> ...)

In the table, you could be move  for example as follows.

If Not IsObject(application) Then

Set SapGuiAuto  = GetObject("SAPGUI")

Set application = SapGuiAuto.GetScriptingEngine

End If

If Not IsObject(connection) Then

Set connection = application.Children(0)

End If

If Not IsObject(session) Then

Set session    = connection.Children(0)

End If

If IsObject(WScript) Then

WScript.ConnectObject session,     "on"

WScript.ConnectObject application, "on"

End If

i = 3

i_max_old = 0

do

on error resume next

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").setfocus

if err.number <> 0 then

'msgbox "I check whether I call next site or whether I finish the script."

i_max_new = i

if i_max_old > i_max_new and i_max_old > 0 then

'msgbox "I finish the script."

exit do

end if

i_max_old = i_max_new

'msgbox "I'm going to next site."

session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 82

err.clear

i = 3

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").setfocus

end if

on error goto 0

'You can the follow line deactivate.

'session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").caretPosition = 0

myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").text

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").select

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").setFocus

'Enter path and filename

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").text = "C:\Documents and Settings\m310761\My Documents\CHRISSY SOTO\SOD"

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = myFileName & ".xls"

'msgbox "I'm going to next line."

i = i + 1

loop 

My scripts should be as an example for you. You have to be adapted to your conditions.

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scriptman, Thank you so much!  🙂  I can't express how great your help is. I was able to take your suggestions and add them to my code and i was able to get it to work correctly.  One downside though.  The myFileName code just refuses to work.  Here is my semi-final code: (you'll have to ignore the lines that show what line number it is, i use that so that when i get an error, i don't have to count each line from the beginning): If Not IsObject(application) Then   Set SapGuiAuto  = GetObject("SAPGUI")   Set application = SapGuiAuto.GetScriptingEngine End If If Not IsObject(connection) Then   Set connection = application.Children(0) End If If Not IsObject(session) Then   Set session    = connection.Children(0) End If If IsObject(WScript) Then   WScript.ConnectObject session,    "on"   WScript.ConnectObject application, "on" End If 'line 15 session.findById("wnd[0]").maximize For i = 3 to 38 'line 20 'click on Variant Name session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53,"& cstr(i) & "]").setFocus 'click on spool button session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[34]").press If session.findById("wnd[0]/sbar").text <> "No list available" Then 'click on spool square button session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").setFocus session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14,3]").caretPosition = 0 session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 2 'line 35 'click on Send to Local File button session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[48]").press 'click on spreadsheet radio button and press enter session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").select session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_STEPLOOP:SAPLSPO5:0150/sub:SAPLSPO5:0150/radSPOPLI-SELFLAG[1,0]").setFocus session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press 'enter path and file name and press enter 'i tried two ways to get the variant name 'myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53,"& cstr(i) & "]").text 'myFileName = session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtBTCH1120-VARIANT").text session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").text = "C:\Documents and Settings\m310761\My Documents\CHRISSY SOTO\SOD\" 'i decided to use the text myFileName and then use i as a counter so that each file would have a different number and would save as a new file.  session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = "myFileName" & i & ".xls" session.findById("wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]").press session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[3]").press session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[3]").press End If Next

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy New Year, Christina,

It all looks very good at what you do. My next suggestion is as follows:

If Not IsObject(application) Then
   Set SapGuiAuto  = GetObject("SAPGUI")
   Set application = SapGuiAuto.GetScriptingEngine
End If
If Not IsObject(connection) Then
   Set connection = application.Children(0)
End If
If Not IsObject(session) Then
   Set session    = connection.Children(0)
End If
If IsObject(WScript) Then
   WScript.ConnectObject session,    "on"
   WScript.ConnectObject application, "on"
End If

'line 15

For i = 3 to 38
'line 20
'click on Variant Name
session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53," & cstr(i) & "]").setFocus

'click on spool button
session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[34]").press

If session.findById("wnd[0]/sbar").text <> "No list available" Then

'click on spool square button
session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").setFocus

'the next line can be deactivate
  session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[14," & cstr(i) & "]").caretPosition = 0

'line 35
'click on Send to Local File button
'click on spreadsheet radio button and press enter
'enter path and file name and press enter
'i tried two ways to get the variant name
'myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53," & cstr(i) & "]").text
'myFileName = session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtBTCH1120-VARIANT").text
  session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_PATH").text = "C:\Documents and Settings\m310761\My Documents\CHRISSY SOTO\SOD\"
'i decided to use the text myFileName and then use i as a counter so that each file would have a different number and would save as a new file. 
session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = "myFileName" & cstr(i) & ".xls"
session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[3]").press
session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[3]").press
End If
Next

The first 38 lines are likely to be the first page. On the next page you come e.g. with the command:

session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 82

Have fun by testing.

Regards,

ScriptMan

P.S. Within Notepad.exe there is a setting that gives you the line number of the code.

for example:

menu -> View -> Status Bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scriptman, Happy New year!  Thank you for your continued help. The one section of my code that will not work is this: myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53,"& cstr(i) & "]").text session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/ctxtDY_FILENAME").text = myFileName & cstr(i) & ".xls" Do you know how I can fix this? Thank you for your help!  🙂 - Chrissy

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrissy,

there are apparently more people in the world who are working on their free day. 🙂

Could it be that you forgot a space?

e.g.

myFileName = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/lbl[53," & cstr(i) & "]").text

Otherwise, it would be interesting, in which line the error actually is and how he is.

Good luck!

ScriptMan