cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while calculating Cost( Log- Material type does not exist . MsgNo. -179 financial accounting(CK).)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created 4 material  to a internal activity in the network earlier, but when tried to create 5th material to same activity at the time of saving it is giving an error.

Error- "Error while calculating Cost, log is deleted when saving do you want to save?".

When I checked the log in CJ20N, it is showing following reasons- Material type does not exist . MsgNo. -179 financial accounting(CK).

I just want to clarify that the first material of the activity and the material which is giving error have same General data are same purchase data.

Can this error be related to budget?

Or some network related issue?

Please suggest....

Thanks and Regards,

Roshan Malaruthu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the log: Extras> Logs> Cost Calculation.

Here, check the reasons which system is giving for the same error.

It could be some missing in master data like Work center,activity type,price planning etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If that is the problem then how I was able to make othere 4 materila in same activity?

Can we have othere  Work center,activity type,price planning in same Activity?

I want to tel u that- I am able to create material and PR in other internal activity, but not in this activity.

Thanks and Regards,

Roshan.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Try to assign same material ,which you assigned earlier in no error case under the activity. If it does not pop-up an error message then the problem is with material master of that material only.

Secondly,the error log says that " material does not exist...", try to extend the material for a different or same material type and check again . Also, discuss with MM guy if he could suggest something on material master data.

Please check and revert.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your response Ankur.....
But No.....Material are for not different Activity, They are for same Activity.

I am trying to create material in same Internal Activity.
That activity already have 4 Material(PR Created) assigned to it and I am trying to add one more material to that Activity and when I am saving it, It’s giving this error.

I just want to clarify that the first material of the activity and the material which is giving error have same "General data" are same "purchase data" and all the material in Activity are for support work(Employee hiring).

Thanks and Regards,
Roshan Malaruthu.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please provide the screen shot of the logs and the error description?

Are you assigning same material again which you assigned earlier?

The error says "material type does not exist.." Did you try the way/s which I mentioned earlier?

Kindly confirm.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes....I tried What you said. No change.

Yes I am assigning same material details to  new material( same "General data" are same "purchase data" and Item Text).

I am attaching screen Shorts....

Thanks For your Co-operation .......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Please refer if SAP note 320745 can help you.

Note 320745 - Error message CK179 in variance calculation

Regards

Tushar