cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freight orders for pick up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating LCL scenario I have observed in config guide that though for pick up process, a freight ordder has been created, but still when we go to booking order, under cargo tan we have provison for creating pick up freight order/drayage orders.I would like to know the functionality of this freight order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sensen_wei2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As I know, for LCL export process,  a freight order can be created from:

• pick-up stage(from shipper to CFS/Gateway) of a forwarding order,  which we call pick-up FRO,

this is very simple;

• drayage stage(CFS/Gateway to port/airport) of a freight booking, this explains the scenario that cargo needs to be shipped from CFS to port,  the distence can be long or short and usually by truck.

Notice that this drayage stage is not displayed in FWO(not in charge of its sales org.), thus must be created from FRB. This is called drayage FRO.

For import scenario vise versa.

Hope it helps.

Sensen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For drayage stage(CFS/Gateway to port/airport) do we need to create a separate document type for freight order or is it that the document type for the drayage stage is basically the pre-carriage or pick up document type ?

d019838
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is a project decision > to either create separate freight order types or to use the ones that are used for PickUp and Delivery. In the Freight Booking Type the Freight Order types can be set.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sensen_wei2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I think it is needed to create separate document type for drayage.

Best regards

Sensen