cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database alert and Dynamic alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

What is the perfect example of Database Alert and Dynamic Alert?

Know that dynamic alerts reflects current planning situation and database alerts shows the planning situation after planning run etc.

Thanks

Ronald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want example then an alert for "Resource utilization" in bucket = 100% is an example for a dynamic alert. It may be a warning alert to be triggered when the limit has been reached.

Other features of these two types are already explained in above comments. Database alerts are stored in database table: /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Database alerts get generated only when you run the macro created for it. Dynamic alerts get generated as and when the data is changed in the planning books. They don't wait for you to run the macro.

I am not sure if you are expecting any other thing than this. This seems to be only the difference; it is recommended to go for dynamic alerts if our alerts are less in number but if they are more, it is good to for database alerts as dynamic alerts are performance-intensive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thanx for your response,

Dynamic alerts get generated when the data is changed in the planning books.

What exactly the scenario , i mean normally which value we change by that dynamic alert generates?

thank you

ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Database alerts get stored in /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT and hence can be pulled in the stand-alone Alert Monitor. Dynamic alerts as the name says are dynamic and not stored in any table. As a result they cannot be seen outside the Interactive Planning session.

Do let me know if this link helps u in ur question.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/EN/29/9d8937f49b3a71e10000009b38f842/content.htm

Thanks,

Ankit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you ankit and kumar for your replies,i understood now.