cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Inspection lot based on Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus

I am not a QM consultant and I am trying to implement some basic functionality of QM based on procurement, to give you a back ground

I have enabled incoming inspection based on QM inspection type assigned in the QM view of the material master,  I have copied 01 to Y1 to disable notifications.  So, inspection lots are being created and a usage decision to accept, reject or return has been set and the solution is working fine.

There is an additional functionality required for the client, to enable skip based on the vendor.  For certain vendors, they would like to do inspection only for every 5th goods receipt irrespective of the material.

I explored DMRs which is working fine to skip, but this is at material level.  Would appreciate if you can give me some steps on the master data and configuration required to enable vendor based skips.

Kind regards

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit / Kim

Once again appreciate sincerely your time and suggestions given to my queries

I did try the options suggested by both of you

1. IP w/o MIC - I was not able to skip the lot by creating the IP at the inspection lot level and other suggestion given.

2. IP with MIC - then I tried as suggested by Sujit - Assigned an MIC and then tried - this also did not work.

I am exploring and trying out options.

with best regards

Nagaraj

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you test the modification, don't create all inspection lots at one time.

If previous insp.lot has not been made UD, the modification for next lot does not work smoothly.

Please test one by one. (1st lot creation > UD > 2nd lot creation > UD ...)

And.. Don't test this without characteristic.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kim

Appreciate your reply, I am having issues with the solution I have created  Steps I did,

1.  I created a MIC - 

- used transaction QS21 - created a qualitative MIC

- status  - released and selected as Reference characteristic

- Control - Type - blank, sample - blank, results - Summ, recording and reqd char

- fixed scope, long term inspection, do not print for skip

2. created an IP - for material and plant

- usage - 5 and  status 4

- DMR at lot level and entered the rule

- In Operation, entered a work center, control key

- Maintained MIC in the IP and saved it

3. while testing, the inspection lots are getting created with stated CRTD CHCR SPRQ and I am not able to do a UD for any of the inspection lot, basically I am stuck.

Do I have to assign the IP in tany master data?

Can I not do a skip without an IP/MIC at the vendor level. Can you please tell me what am I doing incorrectly.

Kind regards

Nagaraj

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MIC (master insp. characteristic) is optional master data of QM module.

You can create an insp. characteristic directly in the inspection plan.

Please check the 'insp. by task list' indicator in material master insp. setup. (should be selected)

And search CRTD in QM forum.

By the way.. why don't you find a QM consultant?

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kim

I figured out the process of using the IP with an MIC.  I was getting the inspection lot with CRTD status because I did not have the automatic assignment and the check characteristic chicks turned on in the material master.

Once I fixed them, I am now able to complete the vendor/material skip based on the IP.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

On why there is not a QM consultant is because I am an MM/PP consultant and I am trying hard to add QM also in my CV   I am kidding, the project is very tight budgeted and they wanted some basic Qm functions just in procurement for now in the first phase and probably they would get a QM consultant for results recording, Non conformance and notifications and so on for other areas of production/SD etc.

Thank you and appreciate your inputs.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the modification rule to 3 kinds of level.

First is the inspection type level.

SAP will consider material & inspection type only for inspection level change. (not vendor)

For this you have to input DMR into material master.

And if you use the inspection plan, you have to choose "insp. type level" in IP header.

Second is the inspection lot level.

SAP will consider material, insp. type, vendor & manufacturer for level change.

For this you have to input DMR into IP header.

And for this you have to use the insp. plan, you have to choose "insp. lot level" in IP header.

And for this you have to choose "vendor" for modification criteria in IP header.

(But "material assignment" is not required. It is needed for different specification for vendors.)

Third is the characteristic level.

This is similiar with second, but you have to input DMR into characteristic level of IP.

For your requirement you have to set second option.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate you reply Sujit, I did the following for testing

1. Removed the DMR from the material, inspection type is still maintained.

2. Created an Inspection plan and maintained the DMR in the header

3. In the material assignment, entered several materials and the same vendor

saved the inspection plan.

What I expected

1. Quality skip based on the DMR and the materials and vendor assigned in the IP - Inspection lot getting generated but did not SKIP. I think the IP is not being considered.

2. If DMR is assigned at the material directly, it works.

The requirement is that for a given vendor who is supplying multiple materials (assigned in the IP), irrespective of the material, inspection is required only for every 5th GR. this is maintained in the DMR. There are no specification, characteristics etc, trying to keep things simple.

Can you please let me know what am I missing.  Appreciate if you can give step by step info as I am a QM dummy.

Kind regards

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

To start with Keep it simple.

Consider only one material & vendor combination in the task list( usage etc relevant to 01 inspection type).

Enter a simple MIC in it.

Assign DMR @ header of task list ,level @ inspection lot level.

This DMR should have ( Create dynamic modification at lot level)

first stage 10 with skip 5 Inspections.

Second Stage 20 with 1 Inspection.

Go to Insepction type click on control  "skip" ,"Inspection with task list" etc.

Now create Inspection lot with Vendor material combination.

Check Quality level in QDL2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your information that  ,DMR works onmaterial level is wrong !

There are dynamic modification criteria's for DMR quality level out of which is Material-vendor combination.

Apart from standrad DMR settings like "skip allowed " etc one more setting require for Material-vendor combination ,which is :

In the task list header >>Material assignment ente vendor against material & plant ,which will make sure that a task list created for Material-vendor combination.

That's it ! lots will skip based on Material-vendor combination.