cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing sheet issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i am trying to select the costing sheet for wbs in project builder, i am getting below message.

Entry Costing Sheet = A40C00 does not exist in T683 (check entry).

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Though this discussion is quite old but I am facing the same issue while I defined a substitution rule for the field costing sheet and do not know how to come out of this error.

How did you overcome this one? Would appreciate if anybody who has faced a similar issue can comment.

Regards,

Suman Misra

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please submit a new question with your specific details, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below post

< Link Deleted>

Thanks

Message was edited by: Moderator - Posting only links as reply is not allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

I am not able to see the link. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Dileep

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indirect costs / Overhead costs can be calculated on Material costs based on Percentage / Quantity method.

The process is, if your Client is calculating the OH cost on percentage based / QTY based, then go to

SPRO -> Controlling -> Product Cost Controlling ->Product Cost Planning ->Basic Settings for Material Costing ->Overhead -> Costing Sheet: Components

Here, you have to create a Credit with combination of Cost element (CE category  is 41) and assign it with Cost center or Internal order. If the Internal order is a statistical one, you can assign both.

Then Create OH Rate with available options like OH Type and Plant...etc and specify them.

And then, create the Base for OH Calculation. Here, you need to specify the Cost elements group (Material cost elements) which you are taking as base for OH cost.

Then the final step is, define the Costing sheet.

Base          Overhead group    From     To       Credit

OKTZ: OH Cost element which you have created for OH Cost with 41 category has to be assigned in Indirect cost in OKTZ. This is mandatory.

And then, assign the cost sheet to the respective Costing variant in OKKN

Also, check the below my post for more details

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3154345

Let us know if you still need any further

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

Thanks for the reply. I have configured the costing sheet alraedy and it is also used in many projects.For some wbs elemets only, i am not able to assign the costing and i am getting the issue.When i analyzed the issue, i found out that for wbs elements in prps table usage & application fields are empty.So it is showing error. I want to know how these fields get updated in prps for wbs.

Thanks,

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Costing sheet specifies how overhead costs are determined.

You are trying to enter Costing sheet # A40C00 which is not created in the system. Hence system is giving error as mentioned above.

Please go to following path in configuration for creation of costing sheet

SPRO -> Costs-> Automatic and Periodic Allocations -> Overhead -> Costing Sheets -> Define Costing sheet

Once you create new costing sheet , you can try entering costing sheet again in the project builder.

Go through sap help to know more on costing sheet.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/b1/c04880439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Costing sheet already exists. I am selecting it from the options of costing sheet.

When i double click on the error it is saying that, check table T683..

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep