cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Channel Picking file with no data even if data is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on File to SOAP Scenario in SAP PI 7.31.

The sender file channel is working with NFS protocol and picking file from a specific directory.

Now, its a csv to xml transformation and i am providing a .csv file at the sender side.

Thei ssue is that even if the csv file contains data and has some size like 314 KB or 2 KB..the channel log us showing Size 0 and no payload is coming in Message content tab.

I am confused as this is the first time I am facing this issue.

Kindly help me resolve the issue asap.

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with data file only.

Its successful now.

Thanks all.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

If there is no issue with Content conversion then your adapter is picking the file before it is fully written.

PI sender channel will polls the server in specified interval and if it found the file it will pickup (if it half writter also). Using the option it would prevent to pick the file which is half written.

you can use the parameter:

clusterSyncMode = lock        

Regards,

Harish

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

To make sure if this issue is not with the particular .csv file and its format, just try to create a .txt file with some random content and try to process this. If this gets processed and able to see in the Message content tab, then you may want to check for the .csv file content and the FCC parameters you have used in channel.

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

As above said first get the clarity on , is that the problem with fcc or any other.

If it was due to fcc ,cross check the configured parameter names and their usage with the below sap fcc documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Are you using File content conversion? If yes, first try to read the payload with normal parameters.