cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nwdi server management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We implemented NWDI on the same server as that of the portal.

(8GB RAM, 2.61 GHz AMD Opteron proc 285, Win 2003 OS)

A lot of space in <drive>:/usr is being utilised whenever I run the import in NWDI, so from time to time I will have to delete the log files to create space.

is there any place where I can default these log files to fall on a different drive location?

Also I learnt that CBS utilises lot of drive space during its operation and when I check the CBS service in Visual Admin

rootFolder is pointed to ./tem/CBS --> where is this located? I am unable to locate this?

According to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

The CBS can also point to C:/temp/CBS

I have enough space in C: drive so can I point the rootFolder to C:/temp/CBS, will this affect the development process that is going on now?

Can this arrangement help improve the performance?

Please advice

Thanks

Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I have no idea about the log files, but regarding CBS temp: ./temp/CBS will place the folder within the server installation, something like C:/usr/sap/.../cluster/server/temp/CBS effectively.

Using a rather short path C:/temp/CBS can avoid some nasty file length issues under Windows. The folder is only used to store intermediate files for all builds, thus the content is not really important (read: use a cheap but fast drive).

There should be no noticable impact on dev process. Reconfiguration means you have to restart CBS, so activation will not be possible during that time, but as soon as CBS is up again everything should be back to normal.

The faster the drive that hosts that location the better, but there are other factors that have more impact on the overall performance (e.g. database optimization for DTR).

Regards, Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for you response.

we are using <b>MS SQL</b> as teh data base.

Can you please provide <b>any documentaion on database optimization for DTR</b>.

Thanks

Regards

Madhu

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d5/294f39dc0997409f16f0ffdd8ec852/frameset.htm">this</a> information could be of help.

Jordan

see also : <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/739538b3623107e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">MS SQL</a>

Message was edited by:

Jordan Stanchev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

sorry, I'm neither familiar with any specific documentation nor with MSSQL (except notes 639702 and 968810 ). I meant that in a more general sense: Watch out for table spaces/open cursers/indexes/optimizer strategies - any kind of database bottleneck. This can have a much more negative impact on performance than any CBS setting.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)