cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take a full backup of SAP BO server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP BO XI 3.1. It is installed on top windows 2008 server. Currently we are not taking any backups of this server. Can you guys please tell me how to take SAP BO server backups daily basis. I'm hoping take full backup. Here full backup means, SAP BO contains CMC folders, Universes, Webi reports,Dashboards, Users,.. etc. I don't have any Idea of how take a backup of SAP BO. Step by step explanation please..

Thanks,

Regards,

Nimesha...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nimesha,

These are the contents to be backup.

Backup Type

Backup Contents

Applicability

Full Content backup

Central Management Server (CMS) System Tables

Used for Full Content recovery

Auditing Tables

File Repository Server (FRS)

Local audit log files

Custom SDK applications/code

Database Connections (ODBC DSNs)

Any Application/Server specific configuration document

BIAR Backup

.BIAR Backup

Used for selective content recovery

Full content backup is simply the File system backup and the database backup which can be performed either manually or automated through scripts.

.BIAR backup is performed using Import wizard for version XI 3.x (in your case). For 4.0 onwards LCM is the only tool for .BIAR creation.

Regards,

Mani

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is a copy/paste from a SAP Guide or Manual, I would kindly request that you quote the full link for the benefit of our audience.

Regards,

H

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

The information shared was a summary of the blog which I wrote sometime back last year.

Here is the link

http://blogs.hexaware.com/business-objects-boogle/business-objects-administration-backup-and-recover...

Regards,

Mani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimesha,

In my opinion, the most efficient way of taking a backup will be the following:

- Take a backup of the CMS database repository.

- Take a backup of your FileStore folder which further has two more folders inside it (Input and Output)

The input contains all the reports, universes, ets and your output folder will have all the scheduled report instances.

If you have the the back of the above two, this can be used anytime for disaster recovery.

For more information, you can have a look at SAP KB 1398523.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks guys,  Now I have a Idea to how to take a backup.Thanks alot for replying my question.  Regards, Nimesha....

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two types of backup cold and hot The link shows all things

normally we go for Biar,Any have check this link

http://scn.sap.com/people/raphael.branger/blog/2012/09/10/backup-recovery-in-bo-40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok. One question

What if I only need to take the backup of the universe using CMC?

(i can only use CMC)

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

To take only Backup of universes you need to use Import wizard if you're on XI3.1 or LCM if you're on BI4

Best regards,

Saloua.