cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment without using Billing Plan is required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I have a scenario in which i have to create Down Payment but without using Billing Plan and the reason of not using billing plan is i am using

Billing Relevance : G: Order-related billing of the delivery quantity

while doing VF01 i can use selection list and can change the quantity. I have tried to do down payment percentage wise but unable to . If i use milestone billing/billing plan then i am not able to use selection list while doing billing. I am only able to use selection list if i use billing relevance G in item category. and i have to use Selection list its my requirement

All i want is the create percentage based down payment without using billing plan. Need help in this regards

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I suggest you to use condition base down payment then, use AZDI, AZWA and AZWB. Do the assignment in the schema for that. I've found this for you

http://help.sap.com/bp_retail603/BBLibrary/Documen tation/732_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Check with the same as mentioned in Clause 3.3 and revert. Hope your issue will be resolved if you wanna make it without billing plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have activated Business function and followed the given link but when i give down payment percentage in sales order header then run VF01 and select FAZ then i get this error

" Only Billing rule 4 or 5 can be used"

Please help me out with this issue bcoz i we have already activated business function.

Waiting for solution

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still waiting for Valuable answer . . .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I'm afraid that you are using it still on the basis of Billing Plan, please check the last paragraph of the 1st link, you'll get the answer as hint is there. Also, check the reply of Yeow Hoong Loh in 2nd link. Check the same and revert with updates, i'm sure you ll do it this time. Rgds.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/ce/b7790d32554ae2abb5d2c4aa4e45d1/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3193286

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ammarah

I have configured according to the given information but i am getting this error  at i enter all the required information in F-29 and hit request

"

No suitable down payment requests exist"

F-29

Please suggest the solution . Although i have done all the config according to the given links

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have posted FAZ invoice type for pre-payment to accounting.

Then use Special G/L ind should A - Down payment.to see list of down payment request suitable for payment.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP , This is what i have done

I have created sales order and manually entered Downpayment amount in condition AZWA then save the document. Now i am not doing FAZ i open F-29 and select  GL indicator A now when i try to click on request it throws that upper error "no suitable DP exist"  although i have done according to the provided link but no luck i dont know where i am making mistake.

Please help me out waiting for valuable answers

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, if you do post FAZ for accounting, you will not be able to get accounting entry for down payment request. Post your FAZ billing doc and pass it to accounting and check in F-29.

Else, you can post down payment request manually through TCode F-37. But, this can't be linked to your sales order process. Whereas to link(virtual/statistical) it, maintain sales order number in Reference field.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP i was doing FAZ but it says " Only Billing rule 4 or 5 can be used" in VTFA copying requirement is 020 i have also checked with 001 but it takes whole amount of sales order . That is why i was using F-29

Please guide me am i doing right or not or you need Screen Shots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In FBKP, go to Special GL 'A' indicator, then Properties and select Noted Items check box and select Target Special GL indicator as 'A'. Also, check it with Special GL Indicator 'F'. Hope it helps, kindly test and update. Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ammarah

I have tested but i got this error

Down payments and noted items not possible for special G/L indicator A

Message no. F4089

Diagnosis

You selected the noted items as the attribute for the special  G/L indicator A. This special G/L account indicator is a down payment/down payment request indicator. This combination is only permitted for special G/L indicator F.

System Response

The system cannot accept this setting.

Procedure

Change your setting for the special G/L indicator

Also checked with F same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Even if you will post the payment with 'A', it'll be booked as 'F' that's standard SAP behavior so please check in the properties for Special GL Indicator 'F', 'Noted Items' should be checked and under Special GL transaction types 'Downpayment/Downpayment Request' needs to be selected. I'm 100% sure that its Special GL indicator settings issue. Please check it and provide with snapshot if you still face any Error message. I really want your issue to be resolved. Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ammarah

I am attaching these Indicators A and F

I have created Sales Order and Manually entered 20% in AZWA and Saved it. Now i am creating F-29 document and i am selecting Indicator - A

when i click request it says "No suitable down payment requests exist"

Now please tell me am i doing right .

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check the settings and compare from yours. Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ammarah

I have done same settings as you have defined but same result.

"

No suitable down payment requests exist

Message no. F5002 "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorry for delayed response. Kindly ensure the selection of appropriate down payment option, it'll help. Found few links for you, also check this wonderful document. In addition to this, ask your FI Team help too for that. Rgds.

https://www.siaemic.com/Files/SAP%20Documentation/25.%20Generic%20activities%20%20overview/Finance%2...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/01/a9c734455711d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1797917

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1427238

http://ficoconsultants.blogspot.com/2012/02/sap-fi-down-payment-advance-payment.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody suggest a solution for my query?

Waiting for the valuable answers...

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is good requirment as per SAP Downpayment goes only with Billing Plan.

you can try in a Diffrerent way if Possible.FAZ billing type is used for Downpayments and Condition type AZWR  in the pricing procedure configure them as you have order related billing.

Sivavasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva

But the issue is when i use AZWR at header level and give percentage then it never gets copied into billing (VF01-FAZ) then i manually define down payment in billing doument FAZ at header level and once i do that it makes document complete means then i am not able to make billing F1 from Sales Order. I really need help .

Please help me out in this regards.....

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the solution provided in OSS Note 726039 - Allow partial quantity billing for billing plans

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restriction:

This solution is only applicable for milestone billing plans without down payment dates (without

down payment processing).

Note Says With out Down payment processing. what to do in this regards bcoz we need Down payment as well.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK I again gone through your requirements. If you don't need billing plans, then why don't you use payment terms to collect the down payment? For example, you can create a payment term as Z020, and in configuration make 20% -0days rest in 30 days. When this payment term is added in the sales order, using user exit, apply billing block. Then print the order confirmation and send to customer for down payment collection. Once the payment is received, accounting can post the amount against the sales order reference. Then process further as normal sales order. When printing invoice, the program can check for down payment and print remaining value.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva for your kind reply. The biggest problem that we are facing is we receive down payment at the time of sales order then finance department receive the request of down payment and once down payment get clear then we start production process. Once the down payment receive by finance department then they give green signal to production department to start production.

I was thinking of Business Function SD_01 in transaction SFW5 but i don't know its pros and cons and document is not very well defined. I am really stuck with this Process. I really need to do down payment from Sales Order as well as i want to do Selection list from billing document for normal invoicing.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theres also other way which i have not tested but you can try.

Since the Downpayment happens at the time of sale order you can create a Financial Document specific to the customer in Transaction VX11N which is generally used for Exports LOC Process.

the same Financial Document can be seen while Sale order creation.

you can put an incompletion for the Financial Document in the sale order

Sivavasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sivavasireddy

Is it possible to activate "Business Function SD_01 in transaction SFW5" and utilize this is SAP. But i don't know what will happen next because I have no idea about the disadvantages of activating Business Function in SAP.

Please Suggest ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for the reply .......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Unknown,

Kindly check out the standard pricing procedure RVAA03, lemme know have you done the pricing procedure determination for the billing type FAZ?? Also, check OSS Note 213526.

In response to:

"But the issue is when i use AZWR at header level and give percentage then it never gets copied into billing (VF01-FAZ) then i manually define down payment in billing document FAZ at header level and once i do that it makes document complete means then i am not able to make billing F1 from Sales Order. I really need help."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have have done Pricing Procedure determination and billing type FAZ - AZWR but I have heard that FAZ will work with Billing Plan or activate Business Function SD_01 .

Is there any other option to do down payment if we don't use billing plan.

Please Help me out with this ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Unknown!

Please check this SAP Note 213567 - Analysis of the down payments in SD which lists that down payments are only possible via billing plan and only if it is order-related. Please check and revert in case of more assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ammarah

But main concern is i need to use selection list

If i use billing Plan then i cannot edit the quantity . And if i use other option which is F in item category then i am able to edit material quantity using Selection list at the time of billing .

I am not able to find any solution. I need to use Down payment as well as Selection List in Billing Document as showed above.

Please give solution i really need help in this regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help in this regards.

My main concern is Selection list which we see in billing VF01 also i need to do down payment but dont want to use billing plan because billing plan does not support Selection list in Billing.

Please help me out with this issue