cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure from idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have next scenario: sales order in system is created by idoc, which contains all necessary information, including units of measure(UoM). For all materials, which can be in sales order, Base unit of measure is set up as IT(Item) and Sales Unit as CS(Case). 1 CS = 20 IT(for example).

For all customers all materials a sold in CS. But for one customer I need to sell everything in IT. But when I put IT in idoc as UoM, I get CS in sales order anyway(with zero quantity - if quantity of material is less than 20 IT in idoc). If the quantity of material in idoc is equal to 1 CS(20 IT, 40 IT, 100 IT) I get right quantity in sales order in CS(1 CS, 2 CS, 5 CS).

But I need to create sales orders with UoM as IT and different quantities.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is still open. Any ideas are appreciated.

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Al,

Just read the previous posts.

Seems you don't have IT maintained as Alternative UoM in your Material master.

Could you please maintain and try.

From the earlier post.. You only have following Alternative UoMs

LE(layer), PAL(pallet).

LE = 10 CS, PAL = 3 LE = 30 CS.

Please maintain for IT and also conversion factor for CS.

And then try processing idocs with UoM IT.

It should work. Please try and let us know the outcome.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a point: IT is maintained as Base unit of measure. And I have Alternative units as CS, LE, PAL, which are determined with IT. I have conversion factors for all of them.

Example:

1 IT = 1 IT

1 CS = 20 IT

1 LE = 100 IT

1 PAL = 400 IT

BR,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Small addition: I have several alternative UoM for each material, such as LE(layer), PAL(pallet).

LE = 10 CS, PAL = 3 LE = 30 CS.

When I put LE or PAL in idoc as UoM - I get them in my Sales order! Even though I have CS as Sales unit.

But when I put IT in idoc as UoM - I get CS with rounded q-ty(if order 5 IT - I get 0 cs, if order 15 IT - I get 1 CS).

Hope, it will help you to help me

Thanks in advance,

Al

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Al Pop,

Can you further confirm, whether those UoM are for sales material or for the packing material involved?

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti Prakash,

Those UoM are involved for sales material. I need to sell in IT for one customer (even having Sales unit as CS).

BR,

Al

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can try with customer material info record.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Thanks for your reply. It is one of the ways to solve my problem.

But in this case I'm gonna need to enter all the materials for one customer. I have a huge number of materials(probably about 2000), and they might be changed.So I'll need to maintain that solution separately.

So, I'm interested: is there a possibility to switch off the rounding to Sales unit? But still keep Sales unit(for other customers). As I mentioned above, entered quantities are rounded to Sales unit. And when I upload my idoc into SAP I get next messages:

ITEM: 000001 Mat: 000000000081272968 Qty changed from 1,000 IT to 0 CS

ITEM: 000005 Mat: 000000000081272968 Qty changed from 15,000 IT to 1 CS

I don't need that. I want to get 1 IT and 15 IT in Sales order. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Al

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could use a different distribution channel within your sales organization.  Extend your material master records into the new channel, and maintain them as having the base unit and sales unit both “IT”. 

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Thank you for your answer. I'll check the possibility to do that and come back with results.

BR,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

I've checked the possibility of such solution: unfortunately the politics of the company does not meet the opportunity of creating a new distribution channel.

Have you any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the link below, I hope it will help you.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Unit+of+Measure+related+settings+in+SAP

Also you can see Sales org 1 tab on material master where you can see Base unit of measure and sales unit, i guess there you can maintain alternative unit.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay.

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the link you've given - unfortunately I found nothing, what can solve my problem.

On Sales org 1 tab in material master as Base UoM is IT, as Sales unit is CS. What do you mean by "maintain alternative unit"? Is it possible use a few Sales units?

BR,

Al