cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization problem: ParserException: Unsupported character

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have translated (German) the set of XLF files from my DC and am trying to include them in my DC. All the translated files are named with the _de.xlf extension.

I've imported the translated files and reloaded/rebuilt the project. When I try to build my Development Component, I get the following error:

LoadException: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Unsupported character: 6e

From the error message, the character it is referring to in the XLF file is "ä". If I remove these characters, it throws an error on other characters such as "ü". All the XLF files are using UTF-8 encoding.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Did you use editor with UTF-8 support?

Try to open your XLF file with any descent XML editor (simpler then Altova XMLSpy but similar and see whether the characters with umlat are shown correctly.

It seems to me that 6E (110) is character from Win-1252 encoding but not from UTF set.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valery...

You were right. They had non-UTF-8 characters. I had been looking at the translated files in notepad and couldn't tell the difference from older translations that worked fine.

Answers (0)