cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top One Thing SAP found to help its customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like that nice people @ SAP found a new & efficient way to slow down things for their customers.

It seems that now all you try to download, from Oracle patch to language DVD (known for holding critical crypto stuff), is subject to Export Approval.

That is really a very clever way to slow down the process of getting SAP software and to slow down the setup of SAP systems.

Last  OSS message for export approval (XX-SER-SWFL-EXPORT) I had to go through took 3 weeks!

l really felt happy with it and so do my customer...

Well done SAP, the upgrade I'm working on is stopped and will be delayed, I hope that this time it won't take too long

I'll have to work as I did many years ago, keep a local copy of all software pack I could download on portable drive!

Download basket approval through solman was already a very clever idea, now the export process, what's next?

I suggest you could switch to floppy disks shipment through postal service!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update after one week...

My customer ask our SAP sales rep to speed up the processing of the message we had open to get our download approved...

Instead of having our download approved we received a list of useless questions:

We request you to kindly provide below details, for further speed up of message processing.

- When is the customer migrating?

- When is the final testing phase due to be completed?

- Are there any external consultants on site unable to work? How many?

- Are there any milestones / deadlines coming up? When?

- What are the consequences, if the migration is delayed in relation to users affected?

- Are there any financial consequences? Are you able to quantify them?

- Who is the best person to contact regarding this issue and could you please update their details?

Very helpful!

So for all of you that are upgrading to 73x, watch out stupid loss of time ahead!

Answers (0)