Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP settings for EHP 4

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario    : We have two development servers, one old EHP 4 which is now closed and one with EHP 6 current development server(unicode - client copy of old). We have one another server for cycle testing which is still running EHP 4. Due to certain issues we need to add certain Web Dynpro settings(Basically contents of table WDY_APP_PROP_DEF) in new server. Those need to be transported to Cycle testing server, which is done.

Problem : As the transports are made from EHP 6 to EHP 4, some of the old parameters are overwritten and some new got added into EHP 4. Due to these certain data types mentioned in second last column are not available in EHP 4 and system is going into DUMP for each WDA page. We have no other old EHP 4 server to varify these values. We were supposed to transport only one newly added/modified row for the table, due to careless/unawareness we added all.

Solution 1 : Can someone please share the content of table(SE16) WDY_APP_PROP_DEF of EHP 4.

Solution 2 : Is there any way with which we can retrive the default values(old values) for the system in table WDY_APP_PROP_DEF.

As mostly we do not change the WDA parameters they are likely to be same. I was replied from my Basis as there is no other transport made to these table earlier hence they cannot transport values back to this table.

If there is any other possible way to recover the situation please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Here are the contents of the table you require.

you could use a simple ABAP program and insert these entries in the table.

best regards,

swanand

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swanand,

Thanks for reply. I checked the contents given by you. It was the same which I had only issue was abap type WDR_APP_PROP_FULL_HEIGHT was not there in EHP4 so I transported that as well to the EHP4 server from EHP 6 server. Now its working.

Thanks man!!

HAPPY ABAPing

Answers (0)