cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition exclusion (discount condition) active in SO but getting inactive in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one issue regarding condition exclusion functionality in my client's landscape.

we have set up a discount condition type as a condition exclusion with the outcome rule as "B" (pick up the best discount from all the CONDITION RECORDS for the condition type in the same exclusion group) but the issue is, the condition type gets properly populated with the best discount rate in the sales order but it gets inactive in the invoice with status A (condition exclusion item).

For example, i have a discount condition type ZC01 and it has 3 condition records with varying discount rates like 5%, 10%, 15% etc for a customer and material. when i create a sales order, the condition record with 15% rate gets correctly picked up but in the invoice (Delivery related billing) all the condition records are getting inactive with the status A. Also, the calculated amount for the ZC01 condition records in the invoice are different from the sales order amounts of the same.

P.S. -

1. This is happening only for some invoices and not ALL.

2. I have already looked into the pricing procedure requirements and there is no requirement routine / alt calculation type maintained in the pricing procedure. the pricing procedure is fine

2. I have already checked copying control rules and other functional configuration settings and they are fine.

3. Have checked the form routine for the copying requirement for delivery to billing and could not find anything conclusive

4. Have looked into the OSS note 836243 and could not find anything conclusive in that except for the KINAK 'Y' ('last price' logic) which calls the FORM XKOMV_BEWERTEN (Include LV61AA55) but this is for the inactive status "Y" which is for subsequent PRICE reason.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Got few questions here, answering them might help you fetching the root cause.

1. Is the exclusion not working at header or item level?

2. Is a delivery combination happening at billing? ie multiple deliveries into single billing.

3. If yes, check if different conditions are getting picked up at item level due to exclusion and hence the same is not working at header level.

If the last is the case, then you might have to customize the code at userexit level for the system to consider this scenario as well.

Let me know if it helps you.

-Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vasant,

Thanks for the comments.

1. The condition is an Item level condition (material specific)

2. The deliveries are not being combined at the invoice level.

3. There is only one condition (discount) and for that the exclusion rule is set as B which means the BEST CONDITION RECORD will get picked up. so there are not two or more condition types to compare from.

Please note : this is happening only in some cases and not all wherever this condition is applicable.

Also,

At the order level, the pricing is correct i.e. there is one standard discount condition ZDIT which is 50% flat (no exclusions for this one) which reduces the item value by 50% and all the other discounts after ZDIT are applicable to this value (after ZDIT value) so our exclusion condition ZC01 is calculated on this discounted value. for example, if the value of the material after ZDIT is 100 $ then the ZC01 value will be 10$ and so on. this means that the ZC01 will only pick the best condition rate and populate the amount accordingly.

But at the invoice level, the system is calculating the prices wrongly. I mean if the value of the material after ZDIT is 100 $ and there are 3 lines for ZC01 with 5%, 7% & 10% discount (out of which 10% should get picked up as the exclusion rule), the system is calculating the discounts wrongly, the first line gets inactive by exclusion rule (5%) but its reducing the value of the 100$ by 5 % and the subsequent line of 7% is being calculated on this reduced value. that is 5% of 100 = 5$ so 100 - 5 = 95 so the second line is calculating it as 7% of 95 = 6.65 $.

so, the last line of 10% (which ideally should be picked up) is calculating the wrong discount value and in the result, the ZC01 (10%) Value at the order level is different than the same at the invoice level thereby deactivating all the ZC01 conditions at the invoice level as "A" - Condition Exclusion Item.

this is freaky to me...

Please advice.

Thanks,

Siddhant

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I would like to know about the 3 lines for ZC01, I am not getting a clear picture of that. Do you mean to say that ZC01 picks up all 3 values(2 inactive status and 1 active) but calculates value at all 3 levels?

If possible, post your conditions tab of your order and invoice for us to compare and understand it better.

-Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vasanth,

thanks so much for your suggestions. The issue is resolved now. I had missed to see that this same condition type was maintained for another exclusion group also which was causing the issue...

Appreciate your suggestions in this.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Thanks,

Siddhant

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhdhant

Looks like you have more than one exclusion rules in your system, and for some Invoice exclusion getting activated

Check as below:

1. Do pricingprocedure same in sales order & Billing

2. Do all condtions in order and invoice are same?

3. Check all the exclusion rule set in SPRO valid for Invoie pricing procedure?

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Niraj,

1. Yes they are same

2. the other conditions are working correctly in order and invoice

3. I checked the SPRO settings and they are fine.

Please note that its happening only for some invoices and not all where this condition is applicable

Thanks,

Siddhant

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

from your posted thread, I understood system is excluding condtion in Invoice with indicator exclusion. It means some where discount condtion cross maintained in other exclusion group also, which is getting activated in some Invoice.

Did you check all the exclusion group and condtion maintained in it???

Whats the difference between invoice which are wrong in comparison to the right one?

Otherwise only alternative is to debug it with the help of ABAPER

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Neeraj,

thanks so much for bringing this point out. I had missed to see that this same condition type was maintained for another exclusion group also which was causing the issue... thanks so much for the suggestions. the issue is resolved now.

Thanks,

Siddhant