Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access in BW - PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I've posted this question in BW group as well, thought its a Security Query may be it will get answered here.

I have a question. Can we restrict access in BW - PSA.

Scenario: My client has 2 locations USA and Canada. USA is mostly defense business and Canada is commercial business. Folks in USA can see all data but folks in Canada can only see Canadian transactions. The Canadian folks want to be involved in development and data loads etc.. for which they would constantly access PSA and this would expose them to sensitive data.

Through BW InfoObject authorization I am able to control the access at Report level. I know we can also control security at Cube, ODS and InfoObject level but I am not sure about PSA. PSA is not built from InfoObjects. The same issue would arise for Payroll data in HR I guess. I need your inputs/solutions

Thanks

Mayil

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayil,

There is a way to restrict the data at any of the Data targets like Infocube/ODS/Infoobject using the Auth objects S_RS_ICUBE/S_RS_ODS/S_RS_HIER.

But i dont think that there is any object which is set to restrict the data at PSA itself, Because as per the BW Architecture, data is stored in PSA intially and finally it is loaded into Infocubes/ODS/Infoobjects. So final data would be contained in any of these datatargets and we call allways restrict that data using the above mentioned auth objects.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

Thanks, btw looks like there is a note 945724 by which one can restrict PSA access but not the data looks like.