Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination in sales order when create with reference

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we create a sales order(for eg. credit memo/debit memo ) with reference to an invoice document, the partners are not determined from the origin document as it is. It is always determined from the customer master in sale order. I understand this is a std SAP behavior.

But our client wants to copy partner function 1:1 whenever we create a document with reference to an invoice doc.

How can we achieve it by any means?

Thanks in advance.

Jagan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ ,

Did you tried assigning the Header Data Transfer as "001" and Item data transfer as "002" in the copy control settings. I think it should meet you requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

This can be achieved with in SAP standard, for that you have to refer the copy controls

1. From F2 To CR

2. From F1 To CR

3. From F2 to OR etc.

Transaction Code: VTAF

Maintain same settings to you copy controls from billing document to credit/debit memo request

Best Regards,

MH

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

I have the same settings here as show described in copy control.

Let me give more clarity about my query..

In standard SAP, whenever we create a sales order (like credit memo
request, return sales order etc.,) with reference to an invoice, the
partner functions are not copied from the origin sales order but it is
determined from the customer master again which is not required.

Instead it should be determined from the Origin Sales order(ofcourse the referenced invoice get copied the partners from its sales order only) that was
referenced.

Even after copied all the partner functions from the original SO, system should allow user to add more partner fucntions along with the copied patners.

Hope I'm clear.

Thanks again.

Jagan.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JJ,

Your understanding is correct - in Sales Doucments partner functions are determined from Customer Master (KNVP). Now, as suggested by MH above you will have to apply appropriate routine at DataT (Copying requirements for partner data VBPA) at Header & Item Level Copy Controls.

If this does not serve the purpose, then you will have to take help of ABAPer & create new Routines. To create new Routines, you will have to take access keys from SAP, with help Basis person.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

The copy control settings are same as suggested here.

Even we have tried this routine in VTAF, but when we create sales order with ref. to invoice, this routine fails to copy the partners from invoice as there is a std FM discards it and fetches the partners from customer master as per std SAP. This was checked with ABAP experts. But no use.

Is there any other way/idea to handle this issue?

Thanks,

Jagan.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jagan,

If Standard Copy Control Routine are not working, then you have two options:

1. Create Z-Copy Control Routines by taking access key from SAP. 

2. If above is not possible, then insert a ABAP code in User Exit -

FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in Program MV45AFZZ such that partner Functions are copied from surce document & not re-determined in Sales Order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the screenshot. Picture says more than thou words

Th is clarifies lot of my confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JJ Nath

Partners are determined on the following basis and the same you can find SPRO>Sales> and Distribution>>Master Data>>Business Partners>>Customers>>Customer Hierarchy>>Set Partner Determination For Hierarchy Categories

Now coming back to your problem, you want to have same partner when you copy the things from Billing documents i.e. to  Credit Memo or Debit Memo

This can be achieved by copy control settings in VTAF and you can refer there  CR/F2 copy control.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

in transaction VTAF (copy controls for Billing to Sales document), you can have your developers write a requirement to copy partner function data from the Sales document using field GRUPA (the third field titled DataT)

<text removed>

Message was edited by Space Moderator: Jyoti Prakash

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gina Feldner

Moderator Remarks:

Its nice have you as contributor. But, reproducing content from SAP F1 Help is as good as impersonation. And I believe you are aware that impersonation or plagiarism is strongly discouraged and strictly prohibited in SCN.  Kindly avoid these conduct for your future post.

Further, please review SCN Rule of Engagement again and adhere them.

Thanks

Jyoti Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies. Next time I will post a link to help instead.