cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the system works when a local Sub process gets expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish to know how the system works when a sub process assigned to an Organization gets expired.

In our system(PC 3.0), I see that the Local Process tree, which gets assigned to an Organization when the sub process is assigned, remains valid even after the validity of the sub process is expired.

ie: Suppose "Subpro1" is a local sub process assigned to Organization "Org1" and "Pro1" be the local parent process for this sub process.

I see that the assignment of "Pro1" to the organization "Org1" remains valid even after the sub process "Subpro1" is expired.

As a result, In the Organization Process Structure report for "Org1", we get a tree ending at Process level(at "Pro1").

Is this a system error? Or is this how the system works?

Please help...

Rakesh Sukumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This is the system behaviour.

All the entities have their own validity so if the validity of the subprocess gets expired and process is valid

then the system will not make the process as invalid.

But vice versa will not work.

If the validity of process  gets expired then the report will  not show the subprocess. As the process is a

parent for the subprocess.

Regards,

Silky

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky..

Thanks for the reply..

Is there any business justification/purpose behind the process remaining valid?

I think such processes are of no use..

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rakesh,

For reporting purpose , to have a view over the validity of the different enteties, if the process is valid for a

particular timeframe it will be shown.

Regards,

Silky