cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily cancellations of background job for CORUAFWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus and Peers,

I am investigating a "little" mystery regarding  dependencies with the program CORUAFWP. Below I will guide you through the mystery.

1. We run the program CORUAFWP as a background job (RUAFWPB7) every 15 minutes. A couple of times a day the background job cancels with the error message RU 702 “An application for posting goods movements is already active”.

2. As it is shown in the job log, the next scheduled jobrun for RUAFWPB7  begins at 09:57:00 and finish at 10:01:24 as it is supposed to. This job can therefore not cause the cancellation of the job at 10:12:01, which lead me to the conclusion, that another job/program/application is affecting RUAFWPB7/CORUAFWP.

3. In general, the cancellation of RUAFWBP7 causes delayed updates in delivered quantities/goods movements, which in this case means, that the delivered quantity for material 9998092 first is updated at 10:27:46, and not at 10:12, which it is supposed to according to the  scheduling plan (see cancellation time above).

4. If I look at the last lines in the program code for CORUAFWP it includes the form CORUAFWJ, which is quiet complex and build upon a lot of different function modules and relations to databases, tables etc. My question is therefore, which of these program(s), application(s), function module(s) or other relationships causes the error in RUAFWPB7?

Best regards,

Chris Kovács

Bang & Olufsen

Dk.linkedin.com/in/chriskovacsdk/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

Please check if there are any goods movements/confirmations taking place during that duration on same object (material/prod.ord).

Regards,

Nitin Kurhade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

It is also my current approach. I have searched for "goods movements" in all our ABAP programs, that are called in backgrounds jobs, but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. I have only been able to find a weak systemdependency through the RESB table.

My next approach is to search for goods movements in standard SAP programs. I therefore seek an overview list of all standard SAP programs that are related to goods movements/or gets data from the AFFW table.

BR.

Chris Kovács

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

I was suggesting check for goods movements that have taken place during that duration. MB51 trans./MSEG table

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is nice that you are exploring the details.

But, it would help if you could clarify the objective of this exercise.

• Is the time (entry) update of the goods movements so critical for some reasons?
  • Aren't most of the MIS reports good to fetch the data for the day (posting date, etc)?
  • If you are specifically looking for the production time entry, can you capture such details through batch records or so...?

Assuming that you find all possible programs and transactions which end up locking the material/ movement... what would be your next action item?

• Hope you are not planning to recommend everyone on the system to avoid posting material movements during these 3-5 minutes when the batch job runs,... and that too, every 15 minutes!

The very fact that the batch job runs every 15 minutes is to handle any such goods movement errors and post them through the next batch job (or may be the subsequent one).

• Generally these jobs are once a day (in fact during night when the number of active users are less so that the referred 'lock' issue is minimized) ; and you are already running it every 15 minutes, which is pretty intensive.
  • It is probable that the locks from such batch jobs running in regular working hours could prevent normal users from carrying out their routine postings as well!)

Regards,

Senthil

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Read the Note 730148 - CORUAFWP: Message RU 702 appears unjustified which talks about the same issue. But this is relevant only for old release 47.

Details from the same note as below:

CAUSE

At any one time only one application can be active, which posts marked goods movements from confirmations. These can be the reports CORUPROC, CORUAFWP and CORUAFW0 scheduled as job or executed manually, or the manually executed Transaction CO1P.

At the beginning of the program a global block is sent for all error-free entries of table AFFW, as well as a global process block for each goods receipts and goods issues.

SYSTEM_RESPONSE

If such a block is already active, the job or application is terminated immediately.

WHAT_TO_DO

Restart the job or application at a later time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UK SAPP,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read the note (and related notes), but as stated in my question, I seek more detailed answers about program(s), functions module(s) or application(s) that causes this form of error.

P.S. we are using ECC 6.0.

BR.