cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This repository requires additional steps before transport--> SP08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in a process of schema synchronization in all three enviornments (Dev, Quality and production).

I imported the schema from production to devlopment.

And now when I'm trying to export the schema for this repository(dev repository), its giving an error as

'This repository requires additional steps before transport.  See the MDS log for details.

I checked the logs, there the error was

"CommandAbstraction::PrepareAndExecute caught RCException : 'This repository requires additional steps before transport.  See the MDS log for details.' (RC 0x86030004)"

I loaded and unloaded the repository, I verified and repaired it as well but still same is the case.

Recently, we upgraded our MDM from 7.1 SP06 to SP08.

I have to perform this operation(schema import) for every repository but as I am facing this issue I can't move ahead.

Please help.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

And delete group validations.

This has worked for me .

Regards,

Oleg Ibragimov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

You must be having some assignments, which will be using a value from lookup table. This Lookup Value must be in the lookup table. Check your Validations and Assignments, which are using Lookup Values. There can be two solution for that:

• Take  screenshot of assignment/validation and delete them. You will have to re-write them again.

OR

• Add the value in the lookup table, which is being used in Assignment.

Once done for all the assignments/validations, try to export the repository after verifying and repairing and then import it to the target environment.

Please refer to Note 1433625 - MDM 7.1 Transport of Validations with Lookup values sap note, also.

Hope, it will solve your problem..!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Hope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your reply.

Tarun, I already referred this note (note # 1433625), there it is mentioned as service pack prior to SP04 faced this kind of an issue.

But, as I mentioned, we are on SP08, the recent one so I think that this problem shoud not come.

And I have to import schema for 5 repositories, and this will be not possible to recreate all the assignments and validations.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshini,

I am not asking to re-write all the assignments/validations, I am asking first you to check the ones, which have Lookup values and then you can decide, if you want add the values in the lookup table or want to delete assignments/validations.

After verifying repository, did you check the repository logs, it may let you know the assignment/validation name?

If you want, you can skip/leave the assignments/validations during schema import, if may help you. Later, you can try to import them.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Could you please update, if you have resolved your issue or what you tried?

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I skippped all the assignment and validations and now I am able to export the schema of this dev repository, but as per the SAP Note # 1433625, it is said that this issue was prior to SP04. And as I thought this is SP08, this validation ans assignment with look up field must not be the case.

But, in SP08 also we are facing this issue.

Anyway issue got resolved after I skipped these validation and assignments , but as I have to do this activity for every repository in Dev and also Quality enviornment, and there are many such assignments and validations, I dont think this will help me fully.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini ,

This issue does exist in SP8 , a Quick workaround is to delete the validation and re type the same thing again . This has worked for me .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Thanks for sharing this.

While you are right that in the way to solve this,I would like to add that the symptom section says:

While using MDM 7.1 SP04 or higher version, "Export Repository Schema", "Create reference file" and "Export Change file" operations fail and in the MDS log there is an error with the following syntax:
"Could not transport expression because it contained a non-transportable element: 'Country [Chad]'.
Validation Code='City_Postal_Code_Chad_Code27' of Table Code='Locations' requires additional steps before transport"

So this issue persists in higher versions too.

Further, it says there is difference in the way MDM used to store expressions prior to SP 04 and the solution of manually editing lookups is ONE TIME solution.

So is it the first time you had to do this effort for schema transport else it could be some other bug.

Thanks,

Ravi