Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC / PROXY ?

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How is an IDOC-IDOC scenario different from IDOC-Proxy scenario ?

Is there any key element I should look for in my scenario before deciding which scenario to work on ?

How do I choose the best scenario ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is depends on ur requirement .

for ex:

1.if you have standard idoc for read and post the data In Sap then go for IDoc to IDoc .

2. if ur scenario is synchronous then go for Proxy to Proxy and also

Propxy supports Acknowledgement , Attachment conceptss and easy to handle the errors (i.e..Syatem and Application errors) on SAP

3. if you dont have any standard idoc , then go for idoc / proxy

idoc Configuration is  lenghty compare to proxy and

Idoc, first Abapers start to create Idoc then pi developers import in ESR then start to work  .

Proxy , first pi developers  start to create everything in ESr then Abapers start to work 

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No standard idoc available and you wanna do sync communciation then proxy otherwise choose  IDoc.

More pointers avaible in scn,please do search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

IDOC : When you populate an IDOC and send the IDOC, receiver receives the IDOC and then processes it using a Function Module.

Proxy : Proxy is a structure which is filled by the sender. This structure is placed at a predefined place or directory from where the receiver can pick it up and use it further. There is no processing function module associated with the proxy.

So if standard Idoc is available and full filling ur requirement then why to create proxy. If not available then go for Proxy.

Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It's depend on the requirement.  If you want to send Material Master, Customer Master or Vendor Master Data there are Standard Idocs available.  So this kind of requirement you can for IDoc because there are standard Idocs available.

Proxies mainly use when you want send huge amount of Data. 

Thanks,

Satish.