cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need re-install Diagnostic Agent on Solman?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As all you know, when we do the installation of Solution Manager 7.1 SP6, installing Diagnostic Agent is one of the installation steps (marked as SMD or DAA instance). But after we installed Solman, when we must do System Preparations, and one of the steps is "Connect Diagnostic Agent". On that step,  we must connect the Diagnostic Agent was installed previously to Solman. But when I put "Get Agent" button, I cannot find any Diagnostic Agent. So, I must uninstall Diagnostic Agent and after that reinstall it. When I reinstall Diagnostic Agent, I do a configuration to connect it to SLD was setup on Solman.

But when I try to register the Diagnostic Agent to SLD on Solman, I use SMD_ADMIN user (was created in the first step of System Preparation roadmap) and password of it. But I was failed to connect. I have checked and sure that I enter right password. I tried it for a couple of times and finally, I must use user J2EE_ADMIN instead of SMD_ADMIN, to register Diagnostic Agent to SLD.

(I am sure that I had entered right Host, Port, User - SMD_ADMIN and its password)

The questions is:

1. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Diagnostic Agent to be able to register it to SLD? If not, are there any way to register installed Diagnostic Agent to SLD (using command or edit some files, etc...)?

2. If yes, why cannot I use SMD_ADMIN and its password? Why did the connection fail when I try to use SMD_ADMIN? What did I miss on configuration or authorization? (In some posts, some experts said I must initial SMD_ADMIN in Visual Admin, but I cannot get it).

I have done a lot of research on Internet about this case, but still not got it. Do you have any idea about this thing?

BR,

Loc Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The problem was solved, I have figured out the way to complete this thing.

The answer is no, that's no need to re-install Diagnostic Agent to connect it to SLD or Solution Manager. You just need to re-configure it or register it with SLD and Solution Manager using smdsetup script was provided by Diagnostic Agent itself.

And the reason why I cannot use SMD_ADMIN user to connect to Solution Manager when I installed Diagnostic Agent is "SMD_ADMIN is not a Dialog user". Yes, that's the reason. You cannot use System user to login, so just use J2EE_ADMIN, it has the same authorization with SMD_ADMIN.

Hope this will help anyone install Solution Manager 7.1 in the first time and really confuse about this.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loc,

What details are you giving for your host and port ? If you give those in a separate browser are you getting any login screen ?

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

I also tried it in a separate browser, I usually use this link:

http://<FQDN>:50000 and http://<FQDN>:50000/sld

It showed me a login screen, but when I try to use SMD_ADMIN to login, it told me that the login failed.

I have checked in my system, the user type of SMD_ADMIN is System, so could I use it to login? Or I must change its user type to Dialog to login.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You need not to uninstall the diagnostic agent and then install it again.

2) User which you are using as SLD user should have SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR role.

Thanks

Sunny