cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic not respecting Safety Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am executing Location Heuristic but it doesn't consider my maintained safety stock. I am using Safety Stock Method MZ which is manually maintained in planning book.

So my Stock on hand is less that my Safety Stock because drp did not create orders for this.

What are the elements to check that might affect this issue? Is there any masterdata settings affecting this behavior?

Thanks for your inputs!

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

MZ is time based - safety days of supply. In order heuristics to consider MZ you need to maintain safety day's supply in interactive planning book instead of product master.

Please check you have safety day's supply key figure editable and you have safety day's supply in that keyfigure.

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshil,

Thank you for your inputs. But I am manually maintaining my safety day's supply in Interactive Planning Book.

Do you have any other idea if this is the case?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing I can think of is planning area/planning book setting if you are using custom ones. Check your keyfigure setting and category/groups in planning area compare to standard 9ASNP94. or try doing same in standard planning book to see it works.

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harshil,

I am using standard planning area. So it should work fine?

Thanks!

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harshil,

I found out that the reason is because there is a shifting of location that supplies the stock. But considering the transportation lane settings wherein it has 30 days of Transportation duration, causes the orders to be delivered on the 30th day, even the days before the shifting has lesser stock than safety stock.

Is there a solution to avoid this kind of scenario? When we have to shift locatoin?

Thanks for your help!

Kris