cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update RG23C part-2 for IMPORT scenario with "No Excise Entry" ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am trying to update Register with IMPORT P.O. Procedure. In that no tax code selected in Import P.O. With following Procedure I am trying to update my RG23A.

(1) create import P.O.

(2) DO MIRO to pay custom duties

(3) MIGO ------- In that I am selecting "No Excise Entry" Tab and post the MIGO document

(4) J1I5 ----------- To update Part-1 Entry

(5) J1IEX---------- capture excise invoice against Goods Receipt

I am not able to post the AED, BED, ECS as I am getting error AED, BED, ECS VALUE ZERO

I also know this value is coming from tax code we select however this is Import P.O. so no tax code is selected with AED, BED, ECS.

My question is, in Import scenario how can we update the Excise Register RG23A OR RG23C with option "No Excise Entry" or "Only Part 1" in MIGO???

I have updated register using capture and post option and also capture excise invoice option for Import scenario and it successfully updated. But I want to know if incase no Excise entry is made and later on if we want to update excise values in Register then what is the way?

Kindly guide me.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Biraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, You need to follow imports steps properly and need to understand logic behind it.

Create PO with imports vendor so that imports pricing will be picked. Ensure that customs vendor is assigned to customes duties in pricing procedure with proper values for customs duties. use zero tax code in PO. Do customs miro, do MIGO wrt customs MIRO number (this will link GR and customs duties used in MIRO). If you dont want to use MIGO for posting duties, do MIGO and refer excise invoice only wrt MIRO number. Then capture and POST excise invoice in J1IEX wrt MIRO and MIGO number. Then do vendors MIRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the same method in Import scenario but I am getting following error "BED, AED, AND SED for the Excise Item is zero" (message no.  4F122).

I think this happens becoz in Import we do not select Tax code and so this values are coming empty while doing J1IEX (CAPTURE EXCISE INVOICE AGAINST GOODS RECEIPT).

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,

Biraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

for above error, already I told that, you have to enter duty values manually. For thsi, pls follow the procedure to enter base amt & % duty values.

Hope it is clear.

Regds,

nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ashok kumar,

Please understand the query first.

I am asking that If Import P.O. is created and after that MIRO is done to post custom duties. Now I will do MIGO in which i select "No Excise Entry" and post the document.

Now I want to update both part-1 and part-2 for RG23A OR RG23C. what am I supposed to do? Is it possible after selecting "No excise Entry" option selected???

Please remember I am asking for Import scenario only.....

For domestic we can simply do j1i5 (to update part-1) and then j1iex in that we will select capture excise invoice against goods receipt and part-2 will be successfully updated. but this same process does not work for IMPORT scenario.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

Regards,

Biraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biraj,

Pl note, taking excise duty credit in Import procesee is differenet than domestic process.

pls note below points which will clarify you import scenario :

- Import PO have tax code with zero %.

- Excise duties are flown in import po from MM Pricing Procedure itself.

- Excice duties, in case of Import po, are called as - CVD, ADD CVD, Basic Custom duty, ECS & HCS on BCD - Total 5 conditions. -- All these conditions are called as "planned delivery cost"

- As per rule, you can take credit of only CVD & ADD. CVD only. Rest 3 condtions of custom duties will be added in inventory.

- Follow below steps for scenario :

1) Create PO with import pricing procedure, Input tax code is zero %.

2) Post Planned delivery invoice MIRO for 5 conditions.

3) Capture Excise Invoice against PO to take credit of CVD & add. CVD. Enter reference on MIRO in pop-up in J1IEX. There will be cvd indicator tick marked in J1IEX. Duty values will automatically flow in J1IEX.

4) Post GR MIGO. In this, enter ex. inv. no. of J1IEX. System automatically select "Only Refer Ex. Invoice". Post GR.--Part 1 will get update.

5) Post Ex, Inv. J1IEX - Part 2 will get update.

6) Post MIRO of GR.

Hope this will clear your query.

Regds,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

Thank you very much for detailed information.

But my question is still unsolved. I am asking in case of IMPORT PO, if I select "No Excise Entry" instead of other option and later on If i want to capture all BED, AED, ECS then how can I do?

I understand your above process and this is one of the way to update both part-1 and part-2. But I want to know if user select "No excise entry" during MIGO then is it possible to capture all BED, AED, ECS later on for IMPORT PO? if yes then how?

Thanks & Regards,

Biraj

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried creating the Excise invoice with respect to Material document in J1IEX. If yes, then what are your observations?  Try first in Development server and you will get clear picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biraj,

pls note :

if user select "No excise entry" during MIGO then is it possible to capture all BED, AED, ECS later on for IMPORT PO? if yes then how?--->

--Check the A/C document of MIGO. Only 3 duties of BCD should get inventorized.

--Then, update J1I5 by entering material document.

--J1IEX--Capture & Post Ex. Invoice against Material document. Here, you need to enter duties manually in BCD & AED column. For this, enter excise base amount INR. Enter % of BED & AED in such a way that amount should tally with plan delivery cost in INR for CVD & ADD. CVD.

- Simulate J1IEX & Post.

You can Display J1IEX with Part 1 & Part 2 updated.

Regds,

Nilesh

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your information, There will not be any part 1 generated or updated in Register when No Excise entry is selected in MIGO.

Coming to Only Part 1 option some time Part 1 will not get updated in RG23 Part1 register in that case you can use J1I5 and update the Part 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok kumar,

Thank you for your reply.

My question is for IMPORT scenario, if we select "No Excise Entry" at the time of MIGO then is it possible to update Register with any process using J1IEX OR J1I5?????

Since in IMPORT PO we do not select any tax code so I am not able to fetch data of AED, BED, ECS during capture excise invoice against goods receipt....For domestic PO we are able to update the register since we have tax code in PO.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Biraj