cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails for failed sost entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We daily have some PO output failures(via fax medium) in SOST which need to be manually checked and then an email is sent to the respective users to take the necessary actions.

Is there a way we can write a custom report or is there a standard report to pick these error entries from SOST and then send an email or is there any setting in SOST which can do the same?

Has anyone worked on a similar requirement?Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

praveen_nambiar
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SCOT, use menu option: "Settings" > "Confirmation of Receipt". It's a fairly self-explanatory screen.

Search SAP documentation for "DSN" (delivery status notification), that's the industry standard term for this functionality. The more popular definition of DSN is data source name (a logical DB identifier), that's not the one you want.

I don't remember if a 'full mailbox' error will come back to SOST with that same error message, or if it will simply indicate 'undeliverable' (and it might vary based on the remote SMTP server type which replied).

Have you looked at all the send failures (for 1 day as an example) and assessed how many of those would benefit from being resent, as is? , almost all email send failures occurred because of a malformed target email address . Resending the same malformed item again & again is not going to resolve anything, even if you had an ABAPer code a program that would resubmit failures for you. I'm sure an ABAPer could create such a program, but I'm not aware of any standard functionality that would do the same automatically (of course, you can resend failures manually from within SOST).