SAP for Travel and Transportation Discussions
Fuel conversations about route optimization, customer convenience, and operational efficiency in travel and transportation using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP A&D or DFPS for airline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there.

I'm collecting the funtional requirement from an airline for ERP implementation.  I have found that some functions are in SAP A&D and other in DFPS.  For example, SPEC2K, rotable management, initial provisioning etc. are included in A&D.  But supporting funcions of flight operations such as flight order, flight plan are included in DFPS. 

Are these two (A&D and DFPS) different solutions requiring difference license charge?  Can I use A&D funciton while we implement DFPS only???  We need all functions in A&D and DFPS.  Can any one give me the clear understanding bewteen SAP A&D and DFPS?

Thanks!!

Kyunghee

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for an airline you would mainly use A&D solution only, also known as DIMP industry solution. DFPS is using A&D as the basis for some military specifics on top. flight order in DFPS might rather, at first sight, be used for briefing/debriefing a patrol flight than for a 737 with passengers. If you use DFPS, A&D is automatically included in business functions, but not vice versa.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Wolfgang.  Thanks for the helpful information.

At the moment, we are checking the way to implement A&D and addtional funtions only for supporting flight order operations, not all funcitons of DFPS.  It seems ok..^^  However, it seems that we need seperate license to use SPEC2K functions in A&D.

BR

Kyunghee