cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how multiple tracking numbers can be stored in a delivery. I am looking at having a unique parcel tracking number for every item in the delivery.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

as you said, parcel tracking (=each parcel is one HU = one VEKP entry) is tracking of one HU, thus tracking of a delivery item (LIPS) is not common. Thus you need packed delivery items (one ore many LIPS stored in VEKPs). You than can easily track HUs (= parcels) by SAP express shipping cockpit transaction VTRK

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,Matthias,

Could you please tell me what are the various references against which tracking number can be created apart from Handling Unit. We do not use handling unit since we have an external warehouse but would need to track various parcels at an delivery level.

Thanks,

Nisha Khullar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

please check tables VTRKH & VTRKP.

In these tables, the tracking data for transaction VTRK (SAP KEP cockpit) is stored.

Please check also the primary keys of these tables.

Check transaction VL03N, header data, tab page "parcel tracking".

As a parcel is a HU bound to outbound delivery, tracking of parcels is a tracking of HUs.

So in this tab page, HUs are shown.

External WMS can  easily create packed outbound deliveries by IDOC. Thus, HUs (=parcels created in WMS) are visible in SAP an can be tracked there.

If no HUs are visible in SAP, the external WMS has to track it or you have code something im SAP (at least to get the parcel # back from WMS 😉

Regards,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the parcel tracking in delivery is available only at header level (in VL02N, goto->header->parcel tracking) and not at the item level.

Regards

Vijay

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the tracking itself can only be displayed from the header. But the tracking number can be created for different references. I do not believe item is one of them, but handling unit is. So that would mean to pack each item individually (which you do in reality anyway, if you have separate tracking numbers).

Brgds

Juergen