cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC->XI->JPR->RFC, how to return dummy answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Intead of having 1 RFC, our client developed 2, one for sending info to XI, and one for receiving the answer.

They use both RFCs synchronic. We need to use a BPM to receive the message from first RFC in async, call the JProxy in sync mode, and send the answer back to the other RFC in async mode.

The question is..if they call the first RFC in sync mode, they will be waiting for a response. How do we send a response with dummy data to avoid the RFC to wait a response forever.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>The question is..if they call the first RFC in sync mode, they will be waiting for a response.

it's not a question

just tell them to call that RFC "in background"

and you problem will be solved as it will be called in an async way

it's crazy to do it in any other way if you don't need any response

with just one line of code you will save youself a lot of troubles

and the process will be much better

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal !

Thanks. I agree, will keep in mind that.

But just in case they want XI to return a response just to say "connection from RFC to XI went ok", how could I manage to send some response that is not related with the upcoming process in the BPM??

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've decided not to propose a solution that I

do not recomment so I advice preparing strong arguments

for call in background - sorry

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by:

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal !

Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate it.

I agree with you, but unfortunately I cannot decide some things.

I will try to get them to make the call IN BACKGROUND.

Just in case, we need to move forward with the sync/async bridge, I don't understand the architecture you are proposing.

The BPM, could look like this ?

1) Receive Sync step, for RFC sender

2) Send Sync step, to response RFC sender

3) Send sync step, to call the Java Proxy synchronously

4) Send sync (or async) step, to call the RFC receiver

The goal is to response a dummy answer to the RFC sender, use its message to call a SYNC java proxy, and return the java proxy answer to a different RFC receiver (sync/async).

Thanks !

Regards,

Matias

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I would go with michal ans..

And also think about correlation concept it would stop based on the correlation condition..in response.. also.

if you want to know about sync/asyn then please see the below links..

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

Regards

Chilla..