cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send custom notifications/alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there any way in CLM to send custom notifications or alerts to document owners/collaborators?.

Business requirement is if supplier wants to accept original contact document submitted without check out and check In and wants to send alerts to document owner for the same.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

We have done similar custom notifications for a client.  Their business case was that Master Agreements often changed ownership, and they wanted a way for an email to go out when the owner of the Master Agreement changed.  It was a custom coded script done in 5.1 (which later had its APIs upgraded to 7.0) and I'd imagine it would work in 9.0. 

For your business case, how the document is marked as "accepted" has to be worked out, but there should be several options to do so. 

Hope that helps.  Thanks.

-Luki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luki,

Thanks for the reply..But i don't think SAP provided any provision to develop custom mail templates and enahncements in CLM application.If you did similar enahcnements can you share with me the steps that will be great help for me.

Regards

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

I believe you are correct that mail template enhancements are not provided, however we have developed custom code that leverages the SAP CLM code base and is a custom solution (i.e. needs to be re-visited on an upgrade).  You would have to work with your client to confirm that they agree with the custom solution approach (ours did because the customization was limited in scope and did not affect any other system functionality), and if they do, then work with your development team to design and build an appropriate solution.  Hope that helps.  Thanks.

-Luki