Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are still working with BEx 3.5 and we need to upgrade to Windows 8.

Since SAPgui 7.3 is the only official supported version for Win 8, we need to install that too. Problem is that BEx 3.5 is no longer provided with the installation of SAPgui 7.3.
I tried already to install SAPgui 7.2 on the Win 8 machine, which works. The I installed SAPgui 7.3, but that seems to uninstall everything (thus also Bex 3.5)  and install SAPgui 7.3 with no BEx3.5 as result.

What is the way to install SAPGui 7.3 in order to make sure that Bex 3.5 remains installed.

Furethermore, Bex 7.0 gives also problems. The installation (both SAPgui 7.2 as 7.3) says that .net 2.0 framework needs to be installed as prerequisite.
But Win 8 has .net 4.5 installed by default. How can I overcome this problem?

Cheers

Eddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open a Customer Message to BW-BEX-ET and request access to SAP Note 1767068 - BEx 3.5 and SAP GUI 7.30: Customer specific maintenace.  The note has specific guidnace to requiest a special BEx 3.5 build that will install on SAP GUI 7.30.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dan Mead

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've opened a msg with that request. Many thanks for the hint already.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know about BEx, but to install framework you can follow this guide

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx

Framework 4.5 is available on system but not installed. You need to install it manually.

Regards,

Daniele

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link you refer to talks about installing 3.5 on Windows 8. It also states that 4.5, as I said, is installed by default.

The problem seems to be that the SAP gui installation doesn't seem to recognize this 4.5